Equaliser settings

Could you please give some guidance on using the equaliser function and also allow it to be altered from the rose app on your phone to allow it to be altered from the listening position. Thanks, Ziggy

1 Like

Where did you find an equalizer on the Rose App?
The only parameter you can change sound wise are the FIR Filter.
There are found in Setting /IN+OUT/ β†’ OUTPUT Section or on the device itself.

Thanks for your reply, it isn’t on the Rose app as far as I am aware, but I would like it adding so that I can change the equalisation while sat where I am listening from. I would also like some guidance on the best way to set the equaliser up, my listening room gives a lot of bass and I am looking for the best way to calm it down a little.

If your room has standing waves or too much bass - consider first, to move your speakers.
Rose has no option to correct the signal regarding standing waves.
one option might be, to buy something like MiniDSP with Mic and a software called Dirac.
The MiniDSP can then be put in chain between the Rose and your Amplifier.
Dirac will measure your room, detect in which range you have too much energy in your room, and correct the signal only in this range. with less energy, the standing wave should not react so strong in your room.
As all other playing devices would not profit from this, it is better to have the DSP between the Pre Amp and the Amp. But this might lead into more costs.
there are good products in the market, which do already contain features like Dirac.
Standing waves are given by your room - theres not so much you can do.
I have 2 active Bass Traps (PSI Audio, AVAA C20) which reduced most of the negative energy in my room - but they were expensive.
Rose will for sure not offer an app like an equalizer for their products.
Thats what I think about your problems.

1 Like

Thanks for your thoughts, I have tried different speaker positions but still have excessive bass. I have bought the excellent Rose 201E which has a built in amp so would be unable to try your suggestion.

Thanks, Rob

Mabye ROSE can consider this feature
Rose β†’ SPDIF β†’ Minidsp Flex (digital version) β†’ Dirac Process β†’ SPDIF β†’ Rose β†’ Internal D/A β†’ Preout/AMP β†’ Speaker

@Mark

This problem is not possible because there are 2 inputs.

Thank you

Thank you ROSEHAN.
If we don’t consider the old products and only talk about the hardware of new designs in the future, is it possible to achieve the above idea? Or is it not technically feasible at this stage?

@Mark

Sorry, but it seems that this feature will be difficult to upgrade in the future.

Thank you

The best way will be here to use Roon (and the RS250 is a real good Roon endpoint) in which you can use a lot of DSPs.

Hi,

Equalizer is now available with the new firmware 4.4.02.2 :+1::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Enjoy

1 Like