External dac for RS150B

Hi, I’m still in doubt to add an external Audio-GD R2R DAC to my system.
Also know the Sabre dac from RS150B does a very good job so I wonder if you can hear any difference adding a 4000 euro external dac???
Anyone using seperate high end dac?
And is the difference (if there is) worth such an investment?

Why double the functions?? If you are ok with internal rose DAC thats it. If you like Audio-GD R2R DAC then look for high quality streamer without internal DAC.

1 Like

Wel, as someone already stated. You paid for the dac in RS150B. Its very good as it is. I see no reason to put other dacs on it. It would only if you are looking for an other flavor.

Problem is as well. Knowing all audiofile. Put an external dac on it… good luck finding the right digital interlink and then the correct interlink to your amp… It just triggers a unrest. Could it be better with an other interlink. Should I buy an USB regenaroter(put lineaer psu on it). Should buy a dac with HDMI or is Fiber better…

In the end the dac in RS150 is still better :slight_smile: but you found out after spending a lot of money.

Sorry but I cannot agree! Putting an external dac can sometimes raise your source system to another level. Though the internal dac from Rose was good enough. There are still so many decent dac in the market and of course price could really determine the difference! And this would also be my preference. However I cannot find any other streamers in the market, which has such full of interface for its flexibility. I love Rose for its appearance, plenty of interface for its convenience, app control… it is as good if just using it as front end head unit without dac! So if you are keen on its dac only , I may have too many other choice honestly.

1 Like

I use a external Mark Levinson No 35 DAC and there is clearly a difference with the integrated DAC of the RS150B. The sound is more fuller with more body…