Failure to advance to playing screen

RoseHome->Featured> a selection of songs-> Select one of the songs->? Song plays but the display does not advance to the “song playing screen?” If you press it twice, it will change the screen to the song playing screen.
It should advance to the song playing screen when a particular song is selected to play and is playing after one touch.

Also, that “selection of songs” seems irrelevant to my preferences. How is that selection chosen?

@StandardModel

Let me answer to your questions.

When playing a song on the Rose device, you have to press it twice to go to the music playback screen. Because if you press the song you want to play once and go to the playback screen, you have to press the back button whenever there is a song you want to add.
So, we set it to go to the playback screen by passing all the songs you want to play and pressing the title of the song playing at the top of the screen.

As for your final question, by “selection of songs” do you mean Queue?
If so, it seems that the auto play feature is enabled for the Recommended playlists in your Queue.
If you turn on this feature, every time the last song in the Queue finishes playing, a song from the Recommended Playlist will be added to the Queue and played one at a time. The Recommended Playlist is composed of songs related to the last song in the Queue.

Thank you

I think that may be it. I must have been looking at the queue. Am I correct that to add or delete individual items (or a selection) in the queue will be included in the update due later this year?

@StandardModel

Below is a brief description of Queue. Please use it as a reference.

Thank you

Very helpful.
Thank you.
감사합니다

Ron Compton

Rosehan,

If I’m correct, modifying the queue list must be done by first accessing a song and then from that screen selecting the queue where the queue can be modified in various ways. This is not intuitive. Because the queue list is the central focus of the software, accessing the queue list should be one of the first items a user sees. I suggest that the major focus of the Rose Software is to aggregate access to various music services’ playlists. It does this well but accessing this function needs to be in the top level menu.

Consider putting the queue list symbol (three lines and a note ) at the top of the list of icons representing the various services whose playlists are integrated, i.e., Apple, Qobuz, Music, etc. Also please consider highlighting it by color or size to draw attention to it.

Secondly, a users list of playlists (This should be called My Playlists) that he has created are the first thing he returns to for listening to music. A new icon (My Playlists Icon - MPI) should be on the main page and should be the second item in the list of music services right after the Queue list icon. Selecting the MPI should take the user to the existing My Playlist(s) screen which shows all of the user’s Playlists and allowing the ability to Play, add, delete or modify playlists and their contents. I believe the current system requires a user to start a music listening session with the queue rather than a playlist. Many times however, a user will want to start listening with one of his previously created Playlists which are listed in My Playlist(s). For an example see Roon’s “My Playlists”. I think their arrangement is done well. I’m using (s) as the term you are using “My Playlist” is incorrect. It should be “My Playlists”

Making these changes to the Rose Software would greatly improve the user experience.

Thank you.

Ron Compton

1 Like