Hello HiFi Rose Community and Support Team,
I am a happy owner of the HiFi Rose RS250A, running the latest firmware. I use the streamer purely as a digital transport, connected via digital output to an external DAC.
I have a big issue with the VU Meters behavior. Because modern digital music is mastered very loud, the VU meters are way too dynamic and aggressive. On almost every track, the needles immediately fly to the far right, hitting the maximum level and staying there (“pegging the meters”).
My favorite VU theme is Type A, and I really want to keep using it, but right now it is unusable because the needles just bounce off the right edge constantly.
Since I use an external DAC and my volume in Rose is set to Fixed (to maintain bit-perfect audio quality), I cannot use the “Software Volume Control” trick to lower the output signal just to calm the meters down. I do not want to sacrifice sound quality for the visual effect.
My request to the development team:
Please add a VU Meter sensitivity control (such as a ‘Level Pad’ or ‘Attenuation’ slider with -3dB / -6dB settings) for the RS250A in the next software update. It is a premium device with a beautiful screen, and we really need a way to adjust the needle sensitivity independently without touching the digital audio output volume.
Thank you!