Feature whish : Web radio - jacket & quality (Français/English)

-1-
I connected my PC+topping E50 (a cheap little dac) and I connected to www.radioparadise in Flac.
Then I did the same on the Rose. Same piece of music on both.
With my integrated amp, I listen to one. And the other. And again, again …
The sound of my PC is much better !
I wondered why ?
While the same flac file on the “SSD-PC” and the “SSD-Rose”, it’s the opposite, the Rose is really better. Fortunately :smile:!

-2-
On the PC, I can have the cover of the track listened. Is it possible on the Rose screen or not ?

-1- J’ai connecté mon PC+topping E50 (un petit dac pas cher) et je me suis connecté à www.radioparadise (en Flac).Puis j’ai fait la même chose sur le Rose.
Même morceau de musique sur les deux. Et avec mon ampli intégré, je sélection l’un ou l’autre.
Le son de mon PC est bien meilleur ! Je me demandais pourquoi ?

Alors qu’un même fichier flac du “SSD-PC” et le "SSD-Rose), c’est l’inverse, le Rose est vraiment le meilleur (ouf !).

-2- Sur le PC, on peut avoir la pochette du morceau écouté. C’est possible sur l’écran du Rose ou pas ?

Have a nice day :wink:

Hello,

I’ve got some questions,

So you mean

1. PC + tpping E50 + AMP A + SPK A is better than ROSE + AMP A + SPK A when playing radio channel www.radioparadise, is it right?

2. There are a lot of URLs for corresponding radio channel, and each URLs have difference in sound quality.
    Would you check if both PC and RS150 played the same URL?

3. Do you use any ‘player’ in PC?

4. If you have URL for the radio, can you share it with me as well? I would like to give a try :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Hello Roseloa. Glad to read you

Your first question : Yes. PC+E50 is better than Rose. The amplifier and speaker are the same.
I have “Flac” parameter for radioparadise. No special player, juste internet, USB cable PC out, E50 and amplifier CODA Csi Ltd
See the video and pictures :wink:

Second question : Would you check if both PC and RS150 played the same URL?
I don’t know URL Rose … I don’t know how to do it (I have 250. Not 150, I think is the same for webradio …)
I don’t know your picture. I never see. Perhaps I have bad parameters (I hope !)
Can you give me a very simple and detailed explanation for me to do this (I’m bad at computers)
Have a nice day. Thank’s a lot

Radioparadise Flac
Video

Hello,

Thank you very much for video :slight_smile:
Seems like you’re playing Radio Paradise channel in ROSE that you added by yourself.
I’m not sure if the URL you added was FLAC version.

Would you try RadioParadise FLAC version with RS250 as well?
Just to make everything clear.

RS250 > Radio > Search Paradise > You will see Radio Paradise channels.
Give a try and let me know if PC is still much better. (I checked your video but difficult to judge which one is better as the video is also a recorded video)

`
PS.
How much is the capacity of the storage that you connected to RS250?
It may take few days to scan storage if it’s like 6TB and have lots of tracks in it.
If you connected storage like 500GB but if it’s still scanning after few days, seems like there’s a problem.

Hello, Thank you very much for video. - You’re welcome

Seems like you’re playing Radio Paradise channel in ROSE that you added by yourself. - Yes, after many hours et don’t remember how I did LOL!

I’m not sure if the URL you added was FLAC version. Would you try RadioParadise FLAC version with RS250 as well? - Yesss ! I would like !

Just to make everything clear.
RS250 > Radio > Search Paradise > You will see Radio Paradise channels.

4 links in the Rose (it’s not easy on the Rose screen, I have big fingers!):

Main Mix FLAC (with metadata) (http://stream.radioparadise.com/flacm)
Mellow Mix FLAC (with metadata) (http://stream.radioparadise.com/mellow-flacm)
Rock Mix FLAC (with metadata) (http://stream.radioparadise.com/rock-flacm)
World/Etc Mix FLAC (with metadata) (http://stream.radioparadise.com/world-etc-flacm)

I have them in “UserChannel”, I don’t know how to put them in “favorites” (we’ll see later).

Give a try and let me know if PC is still much better. (I checked your video but difficult to judge which one is better as the video is also a recorded video)

The sound is not good with my smartphone. If you come in France for Holidays, go to my house (seriously, I invite you to listen music et drink with me).

I launched the radio at the same time on the PC+ToppingE50 and the Rose. Same music, I use my “Coda” amplifier to switch from one to the other.

The PC+Topping sound is always better. But … I see at the bottom of my screen (rose_connect) that the song is in 320 k.

So what I entered by hand was not taken into account?

On the Rose screen, if I edit the RP links, they are good…like copy above

PS. How much is the capacity of the storage that you connected to RS250?

SSD Scandisk 1 T (88000 Tracks).

It may take few days to scan storage if it’s like 6TB and have lots of tracks in it. If you connected storage like 500GB but if it’s still scanning after few days, seems like there’s a problem.

The scan is closed ! 4 days to scan

Curiosly, see the link (bottom page)
With Rose_connect on PC, I have “artist” in alphabetical order
But not with smartphone & tablet !
How to get them in alphabetical order ?

Videos and pictures with text

I can’t edit the previous post.

I succeeded for “favorites”
Here’s how (with my smartphone, not successful from Rose-Connect on the PC):
Open “RoseRadio”
Do a search on the radio wanted (“paradise” for me)
In the liste click on the star of the link to keep it
It is done !

Then go to "Radio (not RoseRadio)
Open favorites They are there !
After, open “Radio” (not RoseRadio) and the favorites are here

No need to enter the link of your radio station letter by letter (unless you cannot find it in the search list)