Fuse chance - rs250a, advice please

Dear Friends!

Once again I ask for help from the community of RS250A users.

They have very kindly enlightened me on the topic of Fuses for the RS250A and told me that this is the fuse that corresponds to the RS250A is T3.15AL / 250V (Slow).

I have intentions of buying Fuses from Synergistic Research, but no one can tell me according to the following table, which is the Fuse equivalent to T3.15AL / 250V (Slow) and when installing it, do not cause damage to the equipment, please someone who really know about this, can you help me?

Really, very grateful for the help.

JMBARG, you can buy the fuse from amazon.

Hi José,

I don’t get what you’re not getting. I’ve given you all the specs and it’s right there on the pdf you sent. Underneath slow blow and 5x20.

Just order a single one. They’re not gonna blow. It’ll save you $200.

Best
Hans

Hello Hans!

Thanks for your answer.
I can’t buy the fuse because I don’t know its value. In Argentina, we connect everything to 220Volts.

You had indicated to me that this is the type of fuse used by the RS250A, T3.15AL 250V.

In order to buy it, I have to know what the value of the Fuse is.
Synergistic Research, which corresponds to T3. 15AL 250V.

Please, can you look at the following image and tell me which one I should buy?
Thank you.

We have 220 volts here as well. From that list you need the 3.15A.

Hans

1 Like

Thank you, you rocks

So this is the one to buy.

Hans,

I’m only a lowly Electrical Engineer and Patent Attorney with fifty years of experience. I don’t understand how a fuse of any color slo blow or not can improve the performance of an audio device. Can you enlighten me?

StandardModel

1 Like

That’s the one.
Let me know of you hear the difference.

Standard Model,

Honestly, I have no idea. Why exactly do other electrical components make a difference. Maybe the difference lies in the fact that all the power going into a device no longer goes through a tiny little bit of wire, but through something more fancy. I ordered my fuse out of curiosity, hoping it wouldn’t make a difference. A friend of mine had just bought a new Holo Audio Dac, which has a few options, fuse wise, so I thought I’d give it a try. To me the difference was day and night. I would have returned the fuse of it hadn’t made a difference.
Hans

Hans

I will be happy to let you know how the RS250A works with the Fuse and as always, grateful for your help.

I have to see how I bring it to Buenos Aires, given that there is nowhere to buy it here.

Thanks for everything.

I have experience replacing the fuse on mine RS 150b changes did not appear immediately, after a few weeks, for the better, fuse AMR Gold Fuses

One, rather high-end (or at least even more expensive than Rose) manufacturer had to put an item in their FAQ explaining that a fuse isn’t even in signal path and does not have any effect on sonics.

I guess they were getting too many questions from people who do not know what electricity is, too…

But of course anyone who had paid several hundred dollars for a fancy painted fuse (manufacturing cost – $0.01) will convince themselves that there was a “night and day” difference (that it somehow magically disappears in a blind tests, or when trying to measure it, is hand-waved away). And of course the day becomes even dayer, and night nightier, after a few weeks when the return period ends and they are stuck with it.

1 Like

Boris.

My dear, as if what others do with money changes your life or changes your economy; I like to rip the joint with thousand dollar bills and see how you waste your time writing resentful comments and I tell you more, I ordered 16 audiophile fuses, to insert them all in one go.

Hey, good for you. That’s what I spend on a single dinner, but if you prefer fuses, all the power to you. If you believe that it makes any difference in sound, well, at least it is better than doing a virgin sacrifice each time you want to listen to music (although a virgin sacrifice has a better chance of making a difference). Just don’t come here claiming that a fuse changes sound, because the only change is in your head.

Virgins are in very short supply these days.

Boris.

I still can’t tell you if there is any difference, because I don’t have the fuse in my hands, as soon as I have it, I’ll let you know, in fact, it is one of the priorities I have in my life, satisfy your curiosity. I am sorry that your dinners are so cheap, if you need money to eat as God intended, let me know and I will send it to you.

Regarding virgins, try to hide your pedophilia problems, in most countries it is a crime and you could end up in prison and you would spend most of your time, thinking “How did I end up here?”

Indeed. So are people capable of critical thinking.

No need, it’s about as valuable as a new proof of the Earth being flat; and flat-earthers are far more entertaining that some rando on the internet pretending to have golden ears and lots of money while being deaf as a doorknob and not even being able to afford a Wadax.

Maybe you should try ordering more fuses them? Or are you getting your “synergistic” fuses from a guy who also sells “totally real” Rolexes for $15? Not that it made any difference in case of a fuse…

If that’s what you are thinking of when you see “virgin sacrifice” then… well, you really should stay away from anywhere children congregate. If you ever pass near a psychiatrist, they will get you a court order to that effect rather quickly.

You know… you do not really need to keep showing that you are neither particularly well-educated nor particularly smart, you’ve already done that, everything else is just icing on the cake. But all that projection of your inner impulses can come back to bite you if the authorities see it and decide to proactively protect local children and small household pets.

Is it possible to keep this forum on HiFi Rose issues?
Ad hominem volleys are not really appropriate.

2 Likes

StandardModel.

You are right and I apologize for getting caught up in immature things.