GND port usefull

Hello,
silly question perhaps, but what is the function of GND port on the RS250?
Thank you !
Hervé

I was asking me the same :wink:

Maybe to use if you connect a turntable with integrated amp to the Analog In port? Does not really makes sense for me but that’s my guess.

Thank you Wideglide, mystery mystery ! :upside_down_face:

Exactly that. It can help eliminate ground loop issues when used with a separate Phono stage.

1 Like

I’ve got a Sony HMk-70 that has an integrated amp, the ground attached to my marantz amp
Would I be better to connect it to the rose rs250

My brother has a rega planar turntable what’s best way to connect to rose and would I have to turn up the 200-2000mv
In order to match volume- would it be connected to phono or choose another input as also using a marantz amp
Many thanks.
Paul

Hi Paul,

If you are experiencing any hum then it might be worth trying a ground cable to connect all three together. But if you are not - then probably best to leave as it is. Please see the document at the bottom of this page to help with diagnosing any hum issues. Henley Audio explain what to do when you have turntable earthing issues

I assume the Rega TT is phono out and not line out, so will still require to be amplified by a Phono Stage / Amplifier. The RS250 will only accept one analogue line in signal and should take this from a line out from the Marantz (assuming you have a standard configuration). There should be no need to tweak any voltages.

2 Likes

Thanks you for your reply, it’s much appreciated.