Ground connection from RS130

Dear,
Is the ground port at the back of the RS130 possible to connect to a ground box? Thanks

@Allan

It is possible to use it by connecting RS130 to the ground port and ground box, but it is not recommended.

It is recommended to use it by connecting the ground port of RS130 and DAC.

Sorry I don’t understand your meaning. You mean the ground port of the 130 isn’t supposed for the connection to a ground box?

@Allan

The ground port of RS130 is not designed for a ground box.

@Allan are two different things: the mass is a circuit reference, the earth an absolute reference (at zero potential) of the electrical system of the house. In hifi devices there is the ground that is used for the connection (if necessary) of a turntable or a dac, a phono preamplifier, etc.

1 Like

Hello @Flash I am too green on that part… do you mean the RS130 shall act as the ground box of the DAC?

Sorry that if I mixed up between ground and ground box :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello, no problem, we are all here to learn and exchange information. If you deem it necessary to connect the mass of the rs130 with that of your dac (if present) you can easily do so, but it certainly won’t lead to sound benefits.
Personally I would use this link only in case it was necessary for technical reasons of operation/compatibility

2 Likes

Thanks for your info☺️