HDMI Video but no audio

This always worked fine but today went to play some RoseTube content. Had lovely video but no audio. checked the HDMI cable, even replaced it, but didn’t help. Rebooted the 250, and that didn’t make any difference. To get things working I set my processor to use the HDMI from the Rose for video, but use optical out for audio. that worked fine, but I shouldn’t have to do that.

I always have an optical cable from the RS250 into my processor to use with Roon, and that sounds fine. How do I get HDMI audio back when playing a video? Thanks.

@melm

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I have a few questions for you.

1. Does the sound come out when Rose Tube is played on the RS250 without connecting the HDMI cable?

2. What happens when I connect the HDMI cable while the Rose Tube is playing on the RS250?

3. If it’s ok, can I proceed with factory reset?
    Settings–>System settings–Factory reset

Thank you

Not quite sure what you are asking. I do hear audio out of the optical out when Rose Tube is playing. If I connect HDMI while playing Rose TV I will get video but no audio over HDMI. I’m happy to try the factor reset… altho it’s a bit of work to set it all up again, but if that solves it it’s OK. Thanks for the quick response.
Mel

OK… did a factory reset and brought the system back, but I had to set HDMI for output and it worked.

However, I use both the optical and the HDMI outputs on the 250. It used to auto switch I’m pretty sure.

I used HDMI for RoseTube, and optical when I’m using the 250 as a Roon endpoint. To get Roon Audio to work tonight, I had to switch the output to Optical to hear it. (I have 2 inputs on my processor, one for audio only which optical, and for watching Rose Tube I use another input set up only for HDMI for video and Audio. Now it works if I manually switch outputs. Before the reset it would switch, so things are different but not better. I thought I could have both outputs functioning so switching would not be a problem. Thanks

1 Like

I have the same issue, caused by a new TV.
With my Samsung TV everything went well, but with my new LG TV I have a picture, but no sound. The used HDMI input also shows the text: “no source connected”. (nevertheless I do have a picture….!)