Help getting started with an SSD

I’m looking to get about 500gb of flac music from off of my Mac or a usb thumb drive on to an SSD installed on my RS250. Can someone lay out the correct/best way to accomplish this?

I thought I could install and format an SSD drive then attach my thumb drive to the RS250 and transfer the music from the thumb drive to the SSD. It sounds like that is not possible.

@Gadgetguy

It is impossible to copy from an external pen drive or ssd to an internal hard drive SSD, but you can copy or delete sound sources in the PC to the SSD built into the Rose device.
Please see the link below.

For Window: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jps4ZFSoWYI
For Mac: www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7xz-ShEpnM

Thank you

GadgetGuy

Another option appears to be to format the SSD in NTFS and attach it to the PC … use the PC to transfer the files, and then move the SSD to the Rose.
If you’re doing big transfers this may be significantly quicker than writing to the SSD in the rose which (at least in my case) seems to be very slow. My last transfer of around 1TB took over 24 hours.

Gawayne

2 Likes

Thing is, if the data transfer goes via Windows Explorer and SMB/Ethernet, every block that is written gets checked and the result is returned to Windows Explorer which then sends the next block of data.

The only way to get around the integrity checks of Windows Explorer and the SMB protocol is to use built in Windows “robocopy” which is a command line tool to transfer huge amounts of data very fast.

In the MacOS environment I used WebDav to access my 4TB SSD in my Rose RS150B.

MacOS access with WebDav

1 Like

100% agree!

Enjoy :grinning: