Here's my comments on the RA180

Ok. With the 520 and I’ve dropped the output down to 1000mv. What a huge difference and now feel the 180 can show its power. Let the 180 breathe and enjoy the sound. Blows away the stand alone 520.

This is the best amp I have encountered. I’m running the 180 in it’s pure direct mode. Really impressed!

@TomT

Once I go back to the 150, I’m going to back down on the output voltage. After listening to the 520, the 180 needs to do what it does well.

I’m surprised that my 2s are that more efficient. I can barely turn up the volume at the 3000mv level.

Cool! As long as you see fit.

It depends on the efficiency of the speakers as well as on the input sensitivity of the preamp or power amp (if connected directly to the RS150b). The Elysian 4s, for example, have 92db, so they can be considered quite efficient for the average of the speakers on the market. Therefore there is no precise rule, each setup has its own characteristics.

Well said Flash. Every system is different.

I waited in anticipation that you would stop your violent language and behavior towards other users, but there is no sign of that. You are temporarily restricted from writing. Please show respect for other users.

8 Likes

Great ! Thanks ROSELOA

I’m having trouble launching the RoseAMPConnect (iPhone). I have it downloaded, but when I try to open it, goes straight back to my home screen.

As TomT mentioned earlier, it would be nice to integrate both remotes or even better one app based control.

Any suggestions?

Thx.

Marty

Hi Marty,
I remember it took me five or six times on and off the RA180 in order to be able to connect the app. Also, rebooting your iphone may help.
Yeah, the remote is a bit clumsy to connect.
Tom

Through the iOS app? Or through wifi locally?

no luck on my end via the app (via phone). Frustrating…

Sorry Marty. I don’t remember. My system is turned off due to renovation in my house. I couldn’t access it in these few weeks.
I am using the App on my iPhone and iPad. I used my iPhone for the connection.
Sorry can’t help more.