Hi-Res album covers

Hello community!

I want to share with you a useful tool for all of us who like high quality album covers. It is a search engine that allows us to select the artist, the name of the album, the number of pixels and the country of search. Then there is a list of 30 web pages to choose from (only 12 can be selected per search).

Remember that very heavy and large images can delay data loading. Some forum members recommend a size of 1500x1500 pixels and a weight of 500 KB so that they work correctly and look excellent.

Cover Search Engine

Greetings!

5 Likes

Thanks for the good tip
Remo

1 Like

Thanks man, I use this and also “restore” all artwork lol with Photo Editor on an Android phone. I run it through auto contrast and give it some further boost with saturation and brightness so I can to the Rose backlight down to 3!

1 Like

You’re welcome, @JOHNxxEIRE

It is for those of us who love to do artisanal work with our music collection, editing tags and improving covers.

1 Like

I am one of those artisanal workers ! :grinning:

I like to see good quality covers on all devices and use a size of about 1400x1400 and up to 500kb size, perhaps a bit larger for high res. music.

1 Like

That’s @Ben!!!

It seems that there are several of us who share the same “problem”. My current standard is 1500x1500 and no more than 500kb. I think it is a good balance between image quality and weight.

Regards

I agree. I have made professional covers and I was asked 1500 too. It’s a good size that is practical. Often old covers are hard to get a decent scan of. On new digital art (no noise=smaller jpg) is can accept bigger. Good compromise.

1 Like

Yes @Jeep, with the old covers there’s a lot of work to do. Unless you find a digital cover of a remastered edition, you need to put hands on.

Regards!

Lol. I know. I had to find old LPs sometimes to get the best results. But hey, labour of love. I know one of them and they are just lovely people.

Anyway, I find ituch more rewarding to find the original lp covers for my flac files. I like the old fonts and typography and logos. And old Columbia record with a blue WB logo and small sans serif font really is no comparison to the old big bold MONO or STEREO letters. That like a bad form of cultural appropriation (we bought the rights so now it’s ours. Mine. My precious!). If you own a Picasso your not going to add more brush strokes or brush any away, do you?

That’s one more reason I like LPs. Bigger coverart. That’s why I like to see the covers on TV as big as possible. The coverart of some new albums like Björk or Røyksopp are really stunning and a lot bigger than 1500.

1 Like