HMDI Arc Control

Is there any chance that the RS 520 can auto turn on once it get’s a signal? Like a Sonos Arc does etc. It feels really sluggish to have to select the input every time.

Any chance of a reply on this from the team?

Thanks

Hello,

There’s something similar feature in RS520, called eARC power interlock.

Roseloa,

This would be a perfect feature addition for the RS 130 and would address my question of a remote turn on/off ability.

StandardModel

This doesn’t seem to work at all with my LG C3 OLED TV. It does put the audio through but it doesn’t seem to turn my device on/off or anything like that. Any more pointers for the the Rose team here?

Any update/support here?

@nutcasey

RS520 supports eARC, allowing power interlock when connected to a TV via eARC. Volume is interlocked by default, and if you turn on the corresponding setting, power will also be interlocked.

(RS520 > IN/OUT Settings > Input menu > eARC power interlock)

Great but what about the RS 130?

@StandardModel

RS130 does not have an EARC HDMI port, making it difficult to add features.

Rosehan,

Thank you. Would it hurt the fidelity of the signal to have had an EARC HDMI out instead of the existing HDMI or is it a matter of cost?

StandardModel

@StandardModel

This is an EARC HDMI in port, not an EARC HDMI out port. This is a different issue than price. The difference is in usability.

Thank you, is the 520 the only model with this feature?

@adresner

Yes, among the current Hi-Fi Rose devices, RS520 is the only device that supports the eARC function.

Thank you for the clear answer. You make a beautiful product but for those of us with the need for a DAC streamer that sits in our family room, when the family turns on the TV, its gotta be seamless and easy for them… no touching Dads stereo. The Node X does this, so will the NAD M66. If you have something on the horizon, I would take a look at it but until then, I’ll prob get the M66. Thank you

1 Like

My family hates me for that upgrade to Rose.
They need to manually select HDMI ARC input every time they want to watch the TV

Indeed it’s terrible. Is there not a way the rose can auto switch to HMDI arc if it get’s a signal? Or at least have some remote command or trigger than can go to it instantly.

IMO It should be connected all the time - Volume control with TV Remote should be available even if we are not watching the TV, but e.g. listening the Tidal.
This is what I’m used to have with prev devices - single TV remote for everything. This is what HMDI ARC should be for…