Horrible Volume Slider Design

Hi, I have been using my RS201e for a while now, like around 2 years. It’s a great machine.

Though, I have a problem with it, like a very serious one. My volume slider is broken. To explain the situation I’m in, I’ll just send a picture of my device.

As you can see from the images, the RS201e’s volume slider is broken and can not be used anymore as it has disintegrated from the machine itself.

I’m not blaming the RS201e being awful or whatsoever, I use Roon for most of the time so I can just set volume via that instead, but this is really surprising to me, for an integrated amplifier that I bought for a grand and within 2 years it already starts to wear down.

At this moment, I have so many questions to ask. Why is the physical volume control using a lever design but not the usual volume dial or even the buttons one from the latest RA520 series? This kind of lever design is at fault because the user will eventually pull the volume lever out of the machine itself, un-intendedly. Heck, why is the volume lever using plastic? I expect it to be something, metallic.

Anyway, I’m planning to see if I can get a replacement from where I bought this machine, but I want to let the engineers and designers at Rose know that this is a design at fault in the first place.

Oh and don’t mention about the remote, that thing is a literal joke.

@kawao

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

The volume knob can be repaired by a distributor in the country where you purchased the RS201e. The link below is a list of worldwide Hi-Fi Rose distributors.

Until then, when adjusting the volume, please adjust it through the RoseConnect app.

Thank you