How do I rescan the music library on my RS150B. This is not addressed in the user manual

After transferring my music library from a network drive to the internal SSD I installed in my RS150B I ripped a few CDs using a DVD ripper connected to the RS150B. I transferred the files using the method described on page 31 of the users manual.

Once I added the new files from the CDs, I could no longer access the files I transferred to the internal SSD except through the screen accessed via the Folder icon in the Music app. They will not play through the Music app screens accessed via the Playlists or Music Folder icons, although they did immediately after I transferred the files from the network.

The files ripped from the CDs are the only ones that will play from the Playlists and Music Folder screens in the Music App.

In searching through the comments in this website, it appears that I may need to rescan my Media Library on the RS150B internal SSD.

I see many complaints on how long this takes to complete scanning on a large Media Library, and these discussions imply but do not explicitly state the need to or mention of the method used to initiate the scan.

Page 46 of the user manual describes how to initially scan a newly added storage device, but I don’t want to remove and reinstall the SSD every time I rip a new CD.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Its very easy to handle it.
It doesnt matter if you do it directly on the device display or via windows application or android/ios app

In the settings menu you find a media library tab.
Inside this tab you find your saved library named like this: “/storage/ROSEDISK”

use the three dots menu and choose “DB Scan” and click on “add”

Now you only have to wait until the entire disk is scanned again… needs some time if you have lots of files on it.

If you’d already scanned files for a device, than it’s named rescan.
But also then it needs a lot of time (started today 10 h ago a resan and it’s not finished)…

1 Like