How long to burn-in New RS130?

I noticed a significant change after 100 hours of streaming music through my new RS130, such as more ‘velvet’ voices and more ‘liquid’ présentation…

Any confirmation from you other users ? How long will this burn-in process allow for even more SQ improvement ?

I can confirm similar burn-in experience. Around 100hrs looks like to be the sweetspot.

1 Like

Thanks. My setup includes Rose RS720 USB optical hub connected to my MSB DAC. Any idea if it might have an impact on the burn-in duration ?

1 Like

I doubt that an optical hub would have a ‘burn-in’ effect that would effect the transmission of light, but I’m always surprised in this hobby.

I’m at around 100 hours and I too, have noted a sweeter tone. Spatially, it was great out of the box.

Hi @ZABOKS, I have a RS130 and I have a MSB Discrete with ProISL USB interface on my way. Could you comment on how you hook it up? Which input are you using on the MSB? Have you tried ProISL? Thanks!!

Hi @carbonero, I connect my RS130 in USB to my MSB Diamond V. Tried several hi-end (i.e expensive…) USB cables and far better results are through ROSE’s RS720 Optical fiber cable from RS130, and small (20 cm) USB cable from RS720 to my DAC : very good solution at reasonnable price !

This DAC has no ProISL option, like in my previous MSB Discrete, which I didn’t try at the time, since I didn’t have the RS130/RS720. In any case, I believe that it could be the utltimate best solution, to connect directly the RS130 USB fiber output to the ProISL input, taking advantage of the modular approach of SFP coupler into the RS130, allowing you to select a compatible fiber with the ProISL… avoiding ANY USB cable !

Please kindly keep us posted here : mostly interested to know if you try it and how it works !

Hi ZABOKS!

Thanks for your comments.
I do believe ProISL should be the best conection, but I’ll test and get back here.
I’ll have the products in approximately 2/3 weeks.
I’ll also have a Antipodes server, SOtM switch and Aardvark ethernet cables and filters.
Can’t wait to listen.
The rest of the system is: Magico S5MKII, Pilium Leonidas, Audioquest power conditioner and cables. It’s very revelaing, I believe it will be a good testbed for these conections.

I’m only at 50-60 hours (I think), and also noticing much less graininess, and more liquid and analogue sound. Was not too impressed in the beginning, but it is getting really nice. Spatially also levitating to a new level. Running 24/7 at the moment with lcd off :wink: