How to choose the usb port on the hub?

@ROSEHAN
I have just bought a 720 usb hub. Could you let me know how to choose the usb port? Especially if I have connected 2 dacs…

@Allan

It is possible to connect two DACs to the USB port of the RSA720, but Hi-Fi Rose devices do not support simultaneous output of two outputs.
You must change the USB output DAC in the input/output settings to use it.

I thought the usb ports on the 720 were just inputs and don’t offer audio out. Can I connect my DAC to the 720 and have the usb provide audio to my DAC?

@duffer5

You can use your DAC by connecting it to the RSA720 via USB.

Thanks! But the question is, The merits of using 720 is to use the SFP Fibre port from 130 and then connecting 2 dacs.
However it seems no way to choose which dac could be used on the 720?
And choosing the in/out setting on the 130 doesn’t related to the Fibre isolation issue?!

I am a bit confused. So if I buy the 720 I can connect that to my RS130 via fiber and then connect an external DAC with USB to the 720 from the DAC and the external DAC will receive an outgoing audio stream. If that is true that is a game changer for the 720 because that is the ultimate “cleaning,” of the USB transport. Can you please confirm @ROSEHAN and please provide information on when the 720 will be available in the USA to purchase.

I have a third party USB Hub with SFP while I am waiting for the RSA720.My third party USB Hub with USB does not work as you suggested.

I believe that RSA 720 is also a USB Hub with SFP. Therefore, I don’t think that it will work the way you suggested.

I could be wrong.

I think that it will work if use a USB cable connecting between RSA720 and RS130, RS130 might recognize the DAC. However, I don’t know if it will achieve anything by connecting such way.

As far as I know the RSA720 can be connected with dac, but just as an ordinary hub only, no any relation to the SFP isolation. Only an external HD/CD rom could be beneficial from the 720, with SFP connected.
Therefore not much use to me. Mine would be returned it to my dealer.

The way that @ROSEHAN described it from my understanding is that if you connect the 720 to the Rose 130 to the USB fiber port with a SFP and then connect one of the USB ports of the 720 to a DAC that it would work. I am assuming @ROSEHAN was implying that it would be similar in how you would connect a DAC directly to the RS130 by using the USB Audio 2.0 output. I agree this is suspect as I thought the 720 only did inputs and could not Output a digital audio signal. IF the 720 can output a digital audio signal through one of the USB ports then that would be pretty amazing. As you would be basically having a pretty pure USB signal going from the 720 to the DAC because once it is converted to fiber in the 720 and output as digital audio the signal has been cleaned. Very much like using a fiber media converter to convert dirty ethernet into fiber into clean ethernet. So @ROSEHAN can you clarify.

You are right. I hope I was wrong. It doesn’t have much meaning if it was just a hub without using the SFP

Well once @ROSEHAN responds we will know. I agree, zero use for me if it is just a USB hub, might as well connect a DAC direct to the RS130. Only benefit of the 720 if it can’t work as an audio out would be to eliminate SSD noise which I am doubtful I have much if any anyways.

I am using it now with no problem connecting with my dac while using the SFP as connection but not sure why the the 2 3.0 ports has no any response for the connection.

@Allan : what connection you used for your DAC? USB to RS130 directly ? Or UBS to RSA 720, then RSA720 SFP to RS130 SFP?

Thanks,

Ming

Using the 720 hub via SFP connection