How to move files to internal ssd

how to move files to internal ssd

I gave up trying to move music files from my pc to the hifi rose wirelessly. I ended up installing my SSD in the PC, downloaded all the CD’s I had ripped to files ONTO the SSD… then reinstalled the SSD into the hifi rose. If you can figure out how to easily send files wireless I’d really appreciate letting me know! :slight_smile:

Hello,

There’re two ways that you can try.

1. Use SMB/FTP to download files from PC to Rose SSD
    https://youtu.be/Jps4ZFSoWYI

Hi,
Is “File Manager” accessible on the Rose iOS app? Or on the RoseConnect app for Windows? By the way this is not very stable. Someone should still work on it.

Bye,
Lorenzo

You don’t need the Rose app. You need a file manager with network functionality (smb of ftp). You can access your network from anywhere. It’s not so much a question for Rose but general computer network skill.

I don’t use the Rose app on my android phone to copy files to the ssd. I can even do it in bed when the Rose is in standby.

You can also use the file manager from the front screen of the RSx50 to copy files from usb to SSD.

Hello,

“File Manager” is available on Rose Streamer, not the APPs. We will improve stability.

As a matter of fact my question about the availability of the file manager on an app is because I tried multiple times to make available the internal ssd to my network as described in your YouTube video but it never worked. I’m a music passionate and not a network geek. The task of programmers should be to facilitate the use of the technology and not to complicate it. Technical expressions like “ftp” or “smb” sound like Arabic or Chinese to music passionate like me. I bought Rose 250A because it’s sound is superior and not to waste my time in technical issues.

Hello,

If you could explain which screen it stops at and what error message appears, I could provide more detailed assistance regarding the network issue.

I would like to help you but I know nothing about Apple products. I don’t like them because it’s all closed source and expensive. In trying to make it ‘easy’ for consumers they make it look like magic. But you didn’t ask for my opinion :wink:

On the Rose side, on the screen you need to follow the manual. That’s not hard. Just make a share so you know the user name and password.
In settings go to ‘storage settings’ and there you find the ftp (file transfer protocol, it’s not sanskrit) and smb name and password settings. You can use ftp or smb, this is just to ‘open the door’ so to say. And give you the key, so it’s safe.

On the IOS side, well … That’s Apple. That’s for Apple to support really. Even if there are probably more Apple users who know how to help you.

What you need is a file manager that not only accesses local folders but also network. You scan your network for ‘shares’ and type in your username and password and you should be able to move or copy files and folders.

sorry forgot to thank you for the help i was able to move files from external ssd to internal ssd with the help of your post thanks again

Thank you! It nice to hear I didn’t invest time for nothing. Glad to help and your thank is a reward. Enjoy!