How to Set RS-520 Pre-Amp to Fixed Volume Output

Hi there. I’m loving my RS-520 here. I have two and the one in my Living Room ismost often used as a Streamer or DAC and route the Pre-Amp out into an Analog Input on a Yamaha RX-A2A that runs (5) Klipsch Reference speakers and a Yamaha Sub-Woofer. So when I do that I have the volume / output on the RS-520 set to 100% and I use the volume controls on the Yamaha and its MusicCast Remote Apps to control the receiver Amp’s output.

** BUT **, I also have the RS-520’s speaker outputs connected to a new pair of Klipsch RP-6000 II speakers. So when I want to listen to 2-Channle output on the new Klipsch speakers, I will go into the RS-520 Input/Output and change the Output to Speakers. If I were to play a source like Qobuz at 100% volume from the RS-520’s amplifier I’d likely hurt them and/or my ears.
I take great care when switching but having to turn the RS-520 volume down to zero from 100% would be easy to miss. So,…is there a way to set the Pre-Amp output to always be line level and not a variable output controlled by the Volume setting on the RS-520? If there is now, I’d sure like to see you add it.
If there is some other work around I am missing here, I’m open to suggestions.
Thanks and keep up thje great dev work!

@pwscott

When using 2 outputs with RS520, there is no way to set a fixed volume for the set output.
If the volume of the RS520 is different for each output in use, adjust the volume on the amplifier or DAC.

Thank you

I’m sorry, respectfully, you seem to misunderstand my question. I do NOT want to use (2) Outputs at the same time. I want to know if the Pre-Amp Output can be set always be ‘Line Level’ Output…i.e. at 100%…WITHOUT the RS-520 output volume to set to 100%.

To repeat the use case:

Most of the time I use the Pre-Amp Out to my Yamaha Aventage Receiver system and I control the volume on the Yamaha receiver. So I want the RS-520 Pre-Amp Output to be ‘Line Level’; and I will control the listening volume on the receiver. Currently that requires me to set the RS-520 overall Volume out to 100% as far as I can se so far.

BUT, sometimes I like to listen to the excellent Rose Hifi Class ‘AD’ GaN Amplifier Section, so I have Klipsch speakers exclusively (meaning NOT connected to the Yamaha, only to the RS-520 Speaker Outputs for exclusive use) attached to the speaker outputs. When I switch ‘Output’ on the RS-520, I would prefer NOT to have the actual ‘Volume Setting’ on the RS-520 still be set on 100% from when I was outputting to the Pre-Amp Outputs and into the Yamaha Receiver.

There is no use case where I want to output to two different destination devices at the same time (setting aside the HDMI output to the TV of course).

I think I saw a setting for Line Output somewhere in the many menus on the RS-520. Any pointers appreciated.