I Got an Aluminium Remote Control for my RS150B Finally

The RS150B I bought a year ago came with a plastic remote control. I wished that it could be aluminium-made like the one that came with the RA180.

Finally I got an aluminium replacement a few days ago.

Layout-wise, the buttons on the new unit are nearly positioned the same as the plastic one. Connecting it to the original Bluetooth dongle of the plastic model has no issue too. Indeed it works flawlessly.

However, I am a little disappointed as the aluminium remote control is a bit over-size in my opinion.

See picture below, compared to the RC unit of the RA180 (left) and the original plastic RC unit of the RS150B (middle), the new aluminium unit (right) is quite large, and a little heavier too. It simply doesn’t match with the RC unit of the RA180 at all. It would be perfect if it could come in the size similar to the plastic one.

Surely, you don’t have to agree with me as it is purely my personal preference. Also, if you only have the RS150B, whether remote controls matching each other or not isn’t a concern to you as well.

Nevertheless, it is well-made. And it is in aluminium as I’ve been longing for after all. :smiley:

3 Likes

If it were also bright it would be the best. :grinning:

Where did you get the aluminium remote? And does it also work with the RS520?

It probably should, my 520 came with an Aluminum remote just like this…

Ok thanks… You got lucky. My RS520 came with the cheap black one. :unamused:.

I rarely use it anyway, controlling everything from Roon, but IMHO the black plastic one like what came with my 250 fits in the hand better anyway…

I got it from the Rose distributor. You could contact yours for details.

1 Like

Totally agreed. The black plastic one is nicer in handling.

I mine never come with a remote?
How can I get one ?

Hi.

I bought Rose RS150b in Poland in Top HiFi dealer. Can I ask the dealer to change old remote which doesn’t work properly to new aluminium remote?

You can ask but I am sure you’ll have to pay for it. :wink:

@Basstech @pedro70

First, please let us know the symptoms or which part is not working.
If you simply want to receive a new remote control, additional costs will apply.

I never got a remote I brought the unit new
What are costs?

The local dealer resolved the matter positively. :grinning:

@ROSEHAN i also have the black original one. It was delivered with the DEMO RS150 I bought back then. its working but something is loose inside - never bothered me as long as it works.
The dealer I got it from, was not taking Hifi Rose into his shop - and therefore no chance to ask for a replacement. if there is a way to get new one - let me know. thanks.

@aswiss @pedro70

Unless there are any special problems, it is difficult to receive a new remote control for free.
Please contact the distributor in your country for pricing.

I was not asking “for free” - more where to get one - I’ll contact the Distri in Switzerland. thanks @ROSEHAN

I contacted the local distributor in Switzerland. But because I bought my RS150 from a Dealer in Germany (which does no longer sell Hifi Rose products), they are not willing to give me any support.
This is simply ridiculous - a new remote is something new. I don’t understand it.
Now I have to check with dealers in Germany, if someone is willing to give me support.
Not the kind of support for your brand that I expected, but that’s how it works here in switzerland. No support for the brand, if its not sold here.
And prices in Germany are around 1000€ cheaper than in switzerland - guess why lot of people go abroad.

@aswiss

If you look at the link below, you will see the Swiss distributor homepage.
Please contact your Swiss distributor to purchase a new remote control.

They said, that they don’t want to sell me a new Remote, due to the fact, that my Rose RS150 was sold in Germany. I contacted now another German Dealer, and I can get one from them. Thanks