I owe HiFi Rose a big THANK-YOU

When I purchased my RS-0250 about 5 months ago, I was frustrated and angry that it was so difficult to connect my various NAS drives, which held all my music.

In the last 3-4 months HiFi Rose has made HUGE upgrades and has upgraded its OS to fix virtually every concern I had,at first.

Thank you to everyone at HiFi Rose who has helped me and others thru this Community Forum site. I greatly appreciate your efforts and improvements.

Sieges/Mike Siegel
New Jersey /USA

2 Likes

Then you are one of the lucky one that don’t have a large media library- :worried:

I dont,I have 8 TB of music- DROBO-FS with 4 - SSD Drives of tunes…I also have the ROON Nucleus Rev B. as my ROON -Core…Now that ROSE accepts both SMB V1 and V 2 everything shows up on the FOLDERS and Network drive connections. I am having zero issues with the connections and passwords, that I spent 3 months screwing with previously. …
Sieges

Can someone explain more clearly how to use SMB? Not computer illiterate but password etc and set-up confounds and confuses me and realize its specific for each user

@Montyoldboy22

Please check the video in the link below.
You can wirelessly connect the Rose device and your PC, and move music files from the SSD built into the Rose device to your PC. or other way around

For Mac: www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7xz-ShEpnM&t=1s
For Windows: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jps4ZFSoWYI

Thank you

Looks easy
I get iP address but don’t understand name and password requirements
Can these be decided by me during setup of share process? Or do they need to match fields somewhere else on my MAC book?

Yes, you enter the user name and password on the Hifi Rose device first and then use that to login via your desktop when prompted.

Forgive my ignorance but are the username and password decided by me to start? And then used again when asked? Have a MAC with all music in what was itunes but is now with this M2 MacBook called Apple Music which originally also confused my brain, lol
Thanks for your help

Yes. Enter the password and user name on Hifi rose and use it moving forward to access files on Mac.