If you connect the RS201 to the integrated amplifier using an RCA cable, isn't it going to go through the pre-out twice?

Q)
If you connect the RS201 to the integrated amplifier using an RCA cable, isn’t it going to go through the pre-out twice?

A)
The pre-out of 201A has no loss, so don’t worry and connect it to the preamplifier.
Basically, the DAC output of the RS201 is amplified and output as a pre-out. Like a phono amplifier, a DAC has a very low signal, so it must be amplified and output.
You may be concerned that the preamp of the RS201 and the preamp of the integrated amplifier may overlap, but you do not have to worry about that.
The pre-output of the RS201 is only a signal amplification of the DAC, and it is only possible to directly connect to a power amplifier rather than an integrated amplifier by allowing volume control when necessary.

You stated:
"You may be concerned that the preamp of the RS201 and the preamp of the integrated amplifier may overlap, but you do not have to worry about that.

The pre-output of the RS201 is only a signal amplification of the DAC, and it is only possible to directly connect to a power amplifier rather than an integrated amplifier by allowing volume control when necessary."

Then that means if I have the RS201E, I can connect it with the integrated amplifier via the pre-out RCA, (just like a source) or not ? Or should I need an integrated amplifier with a preAmp in funcion ?

Hello,

You can connect RS201 with integrated amplifier via pre-out RCA. It is not necessary to connect to and integrated amplifier that has preamp in function. You can freely connect to the device you want to connect.

If you don’t want RS201 to control volume, you can fix volume by using ‘Preout Level Setting’. When using the ‘preout level setting’, set the value by referring to the input sensitivity of the amplifier that you want to connect.

Thank you! I will try later!

This works great. As I use 201 solely as a player with the amplifier turned off, I got fixed RCA output on 1000mV.
You can select whatever within wide range of output voltage (from 500mV up to 3000mV).