In RoseConnect move magnifying glass search icon to the left

The most common use for me of the streaming services - Tidal, Qobuz, etc, in RoseConnect is to search for a song or album. The search icon (magnify glass) is very small and placed to the far right next to the controls icon.
Please consider putting search as the number one item in the vertical list with the search type in window displayed as a part of that item so all I have to do is start typing. As a separate request please also enlarge the magnifying glass and move it to the left so I won’t keep hitting the controls icon with my fat finger.I realize this will mean that it can be accessed in two places but I would very much like that convenience.

StandardModel

@StandardModel

Even if you look at most music streaming apps, the search function is often located in the top right corner.
We will review these issues internally and fix them if we feel they need to be corrected or if many people feel uncomfortable.

Rosehan,

You are correct. Most streaming apps do have the search function in the top right corner - Apple does it too with IOS. That is why I suggested a second location (listed first in the function list with the search box displayed, not a magnifying glass icon) if your developers feel it should not be moved. If not otherwise acceptable, just moving the magnifying glass a little to the left would help a bit.
My motivation was to think of a typical user and what is the most likely first action that he/she would want to take on that page. For good programming practices, that first action should be prominently displayed and obvious.

I appreciate your consideration of the idea.

StandardModel

@StandardModel

It is very unlikely that the content will be modified even after internal review, but we will review the content internally.

Thank you for always giving us good advice, but we apologize that we cannot accommodate all of your requests.

Rosehan,

I realize that from my many (probably annoying) suggestions, not all will be adopted. I am submitting them as a strong believer that HiFi Rose’s software development team including you, want the very best for the product. Not everyone will agree with my opinions.
If your team feels that a particular suggestion isn’t warranted, I certainly accept that decision. I only ask that you consider them which you certainly do.

StandardModel

@StandardModel

Thank you for your broad understanding.

I agree with StandardModel that the search icon size is a bit small and will be difficult to manipulate, especially on smartphones.

For streaming music, searching is the most used of all functions.

Developers should seriously consider this because users are usually not all still young, not all have sharp eyes and flexible fingers.

I pay special attention to the need to keep the results of the last search, because when you search for a song, many results will appear.

Sometimes we want to listen several singers singing the same song. But when we return to the search section to select another track, it is completely empty and we have to do the search again, again and again ….

We love Rose so we had to discuss it here to make it better. I hope we’re still here many more years!

Thanks for reading….