Input/Output Audio Resolution Matrix

Is there any documentation like a matrix that shows the different input/output combinations and the max output resolutions (e.g. Internal–>USB DAC → up to 32bit / 768KHz PCM & Native DSD512) ??

I cannot get my analog outputs to accept anything more than 24/192 with Roon Ready. Why would the audio resolution be limited to SPDIF output resolutions on an analog output?

@hdtv4me

We don’t have the documentation you’re looking for, but there is documentation regarding DSD support for each output. I will deliver this at least.

I have a few questions for you.

1. Are you using the Rose device after registering it as a Roon Ready device through the Roon App on Android or iPad?
  2. Which device (Android, iPad, PC) are you using RoonApp?
  3. Where did you play the music from Qobuz, Tidal, etc.?
  4. What Roon core do you use?

In the case of Roon Ready, Roon Core operates by receiving a stream from Qobuz and retransmitting it back to the Roon Ready device.
The Roon core is directly connected to Qobuz, and a message about connecting to the network with Qobuz appears when the Roon core is not well connected to Qobuz. In this case, you can go to the main menu on the Roon Ready device, or you can stay in the Roon Ready playback state.

1. Are you using the Rose device after registering it as a Roon Ready device through the Roon App on Android or iPad? A: Yes, see attached. The RS150B shows up properly as a Roon Ready device.

2. Which device (Android, iPad, PC) are you using RuneApp?
    A: iOS or Windows 11 laptop. Same result.

3. Where did you play the music from Qobuz, Tidal, etc.?
    A: Both. I have both services and can play both through HDMI from the RS150B. I cannot play either from the Roon ROCK.

4. What Roon core do you use?
    A: I have a Roon ROCK. 2.0 build 1359 (see attached)

In the case of Roon Ready, Roon Core operates by receiving a stream from Qobuz and retransmitting it back to the Roon Ready device.

The Roon core is directly connected to Qobuz, and a message about connecting to the network with Qobuz appears when the Roon core is not well connected to Qobuz. In this case, you can go to the main menu on the Roon Ready device, or you can stay in the Roon Ready playback state.
A: I can try that. As I said, I played a Qobuz song from the RS150B and it works just fine over HDMI. When I try picking that song from Roon/Qobuz, the RS150B video output shows the correct meta data and audio resolution and progress bar shows that the song is playing – however, there is no audio.

@hdtv4me

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We checked again and found that up to 32bit/768kHz is played normally.

1. Are you using the PCM Resampling frequency function when using RS150b?
    RS150b–>In/Out settings–>gear icon of output settings–>PCM Resampling frequency
    If you are using it, how do you set it up and use it?

2. Please capture the screen showing your Roon & RoseConnect App Signal Path and forward it to me.

Thank you for the reply. However, I responded to your team’s support email days ago that a factory reset seemed to fix the issue. I confirmed that I could get 32/768 to the analog output. But I am using Roon to set the RS150B device to 192 so that I can leave both analog and digital outputs enabled. This seems to work well so far.

My biggest remaining issue is that HDMI audio output does not work with Roon. Any internal app on the RS150B works just fine outputting HDMI audio - but not when I use Roon. I can see video and even the bit depth of the audio stream but there is no sound. This has been confirmed as a bug by your team. Is there a fix coming soon?