Input re-naming, Harmony remotes

I can’t for the life of me understand why you don’t allow for input renaming on such a high-end, expensive unit such as the RS-150. Many of your competitors offer this at a much lower price and it seems like it could be accomplished with a simple software change. Hi-Fi Rose: please consider implementing this change!! Oh, and also allow your units to work with Harmony remotes. That’s another mind-boggling oversight.

@RMGRose

I’m sorry for the late reply.
We will answer your questions.

1. This is exactly the first time I’ve heard of the input renaming function. Hi-Fi Rose does not have these functions. If you explain exactly what the function is, we will check it and add it if possible.

2. Unfortunately, please use the Bluetooth remote control provided by Hi-Fi Rose. Even if you pair the remote with a different brand, pressing the play button may activate other functions and there are several problems.
    Once again, we recommend you to use Hi-Fi Rose BT remote.

Thank you

I would also support input renaming so the user can personalise the input names. In section 4.3 of the Naim Uniti User Guide from the year 2010., “The Inputs Menu.” it clearly states “Name: Enables user specified names to be attached to inputs. Use the handset to enter text “.
The handset is the remote control, of course.

Exactly - thank you, Martini.

ROSEHAN: To add to what Martini said: Input naming allows you to personalize the inputs so you don’t have to remember what you have plugged in and to where, for example you could change Line In to “SACD”, USB In to “MAC Mini”, Optical to “CD” or whatever you want. Most manufacturers have been allowing this for many years now on DAC’s, streamers, AV Receivers, etc…. basically anything that supports multiple different inputs. I’m sure most of your customers would be very supportive of this option if you were to add it. You could enable this option through the remote app or an onscreen keyboard.

@Martini @RMGRose

I explained the features you requested to the person in charge.
However, there are many features that need to be modified and added as a priority.
Right now it seems difficult to add the features you requested.
The person in charge says that he will try to add it if possible after reviewing the function.

Thank you

@ROSEHAN
Thank you for your quick reply which is very much appreciated.

RMGRose has explained the benefits of input renaming very well and I’m sure it’s something all HiFi Rose customers would welcome ( not just 150b customers. I have an RS520 ! ). It can only improve the user experience.

I look forward to it being introduced as soon as possible.

@ROSEHAN: Thank you very much for your efforts; I look forward to seeing what your team comes up with.

@ROSEHAN Any updates on this?

Thank you

@deskoseeker

I’m sorry to tell you, but I was told that adding that feature would be difficult.

Thank you