Internal disc drive playback

I added an internal drive loaded with music. I can play the music by going to ‘Folder’ and selection song or album. I can import a song and or album as well. I’m used to Roon’s interface where I can see my entire library (Ron works fine too on the Rose).

It feels to me that it would be painful to add my internal hard drives library to the Rose interface. Is this a normal practice or do folks that have added an internal hard drive just select music from a folder?
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Not quite sure what you’re asking, also I use the Rose Connect app and not Roon.
I have a 2TB internal SSD attached to my RS130. When I’m in the Rose Connect app I see those albums/songs similar to the way I see Qobuz albums/songs. When I search for (example) an artist I see results for Qobuz, Music (this is the SSD), Rosetube and Rose Radio. I can select each “source” and play from there. I can also go to the folder and play from there but never do that because it’s not as easy as accessing as I described.
I can also select “Music” which is the SSD and see all my music, and I can select/play from there.

Still learning how the Rose ‘sees’ things. That is, I used a drive that has my music organized under a folder called ‘Music’, then there are the album names, then of course, the album songs. Maybe I need to remove the root ‘Music’?

I wanted to see what happens when a rip a CD from the Transport but my brand new Rose transport failed.

Thanks for the detailed analysis. It is what I was looking for.

Yes, now that you mention it I do believe I needed to put the music in the root of the new internal SSD when I copied from the external USB-connected drive.

I wanted to test that theory using the Rose 780 ripper but it broke upon first use. Of course I could simply move my library to root!

I’ll let you know if that works as you mentioned. My guess is yes.