Internet Radio station experience should be better

Before the RS520 i used a Cocktail X12 with which i was satisfied for many years. It had a few draw backs like hiding all music in cryptic directory structure, no high res FLAC files…

What i liked about the Cocktail X12 was the huge list of internet radio stations per country and a special feature for “local radio stations” and genre which worked pretty perfect.

By choosing “local” i got an extensive list of radio stations around my area (i think from geo locating my external IP). The same extensive list i got when choosing a country or genre. This was still working even after 8 years of purchase and after the end of life of the X12. Such things help to keep the value of the purchase.

The internet radio listening with Cocktail X12 was a higher quality comfort, much easier experience than with the ROSE520. I would wish to get that internet radio experience back and implemented in RS520.

2 Likes

@Ben

We have forwarded this information to the software team.
They said they would review whether to add the feature and add it if possible.

I second Ben’s opinion. The Radio app’s search for radio stations is not good, I have RS250 and I don’t understand why there are Rose Radio and Radio apps. One good radio app would be the best.

@dbavidb1219

An additional app developed from the Radio app is the RoseRadio app. We were planning to delete the Radio app after developing RoseRadio. However, since many people prefer the Radio app, we decided to leave it alone.
If you want to make the Radio app invisible on the RS250 screen, try the method below.
RS250–>Settings–>Display–>Edit Home menu–>You can select the apps you want to show or hide on your RS250.