Internet radio trouble

Lately i noticed that after playing an internet station for a while the sound degrades enormously. Thin sound, no bass, crackly sound. If I switch to hdd music or external cd player sound is okay. Sometimes switching station helps, mostly not. Is this a buffer or WiFi problem? It is a real deal breaker for me.
Any suggestions are most welcome!

@bavd

Internet radio’s poor sound quality or persistence is something we cannot solve.
We support this by receiving the streaming URL of a radio channel and adding it to the Rose device. Depending on the status of the streaming URL supported by the radio channel, poor sound quality or stickiness may occur.

hello Rose Team,

and about the radio are you able to add a function to get only the Hi-RES Radio? Or with hight sound quality?

TK U

Dear Rose users

We are considering adding a classification function that will allow you to classify and view only high-quality radio channels.
The sound quality provided by each radio channel is different.
There are channels that provide 192kH, but there are also many channels that just provide 1, 0, etc., so I think we need to think about how to solve this problem.