Is the rs 520 a high quality streamer, compared to Rose 150b?

I own a rs520 and I’m really fond of it. I bought a special edition of the Linton loudspeakers, customised with Chord wires. Impressive, I enjoy them for hours in my workroom at home. Now I’m thinking of setting up another Hi-Fi spot in my living room: I’ve just bought a valve amplifier (Sinthesys A100), a couple of Wharfedale Elysian 4, and I was planning to buy a Rose 150b. But I have in mind another option: using the existing rs520 as a streamer, wire it to the valve amplifier using the pre-out (I have an empty tube linking both rooms) and control it with the phone app. This way I save about 4.500€… My only concern is that the output quality of the rs520 would be inferior to the 150b. Has anyone tried both of them and can help me to decide?
Many thanks in advance.

No experience other than owning an RS130 but I imagine you’d be fine using what you have and not buying another streamer. I doubt they are building a different streaming module for each product.

1 Like

That is my belief. Anyway, I am going to give it a try and plug it directly to the amp, to see how it sounds. And cross fingers :wink: