ISO files in the Database

Hi @ROSEHAN

When I scan my music files to add them to the Rose library, the ISO files are skipped. Is there any possibility of adding the ISO’s to the scan to add them to the database? I have many SACD backups and would like to be able to manage them more easily.

Greetings!

@Remebe

The Rose device recognizes SACD and ISO files as CDs, not albums.
Currently, it is difficult to process SACD ISO files when scanning media as if they were displayed as albums in Music.

Currently, managing SACD and ISO files as albums and tracks is only possible after converting each track to a DSD file.

@ROSEHAN

Is there any chance that only the ISO file appears in the database? Album cover and ISO file, without the tracks. This would allow us to manage the personal library more comfortably.

Regarding DSD files, with a group of members we have detected that the Gapless function does not work with them. This is especially noticeable on live albums and in those that have artistic continuity like Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side Of The Moon. Any ideas or suggestions about this?

Thank you for the quick response and the help you constantly give us.

Greetings!

@ROSEHAN

Any response about my questions?

Regards

Hello,

1. ISO file
Sounds great idea, but it’s not in our road map now. I’m sorry that I can’t confirm about this.

2. DSD Gapless
DSD audio files have diverse chracteristics for each file, and applying gapless playback to some DSD files can introduce noise. Therefore, gapless playback is not supported for DSD.

Best Regards,

Wait. What? Are you saying that HiFi Rose intends not to ever provide gapless capability for DSD files? How is it other devices - some incredibly cheap, like a Holo Red, can do DSD gapless with no issue, as soon as it hit the market, and you guys can’t do the same thing?

1 Like