IsoAcoustics Feet RS150B

Hi,
I just got my 150B and love it. The problem I have is the feet do not come off so that I can use my IsoAcoustics feet. I have the Iso on everything in my rack. Audio Research Preamp and Amp, Sansui Tuner, Rotel CD player, ProJect DS TubeBox, Woo Audio Headphone Tube amp SRM tech TT. I mean everything has matching feet. Some larger then others but all Iso. I have placed the Iso to the left of the factory feet which looks tacky/silly/etc.
I know you can take apart the unit to unscrew the feet but Rose Does not Advice. Now this might sound CRAZY. Is it possible to use a dremel to resize the feet so that they could slide into a modified Iso foot? I know it sounds insane. If I could make the diameter of the feel 1/2 the size they would fit perfectly in a modified Iso. I have bad OCD and this is killing me…

THANKS

@Peabody67

It is possible to remove the legs of the RS150.
However, you have to open the main unit and remove it.
We do not recommend this method for users.

This is not easy for the average user to do. And I don’t know if the distributor in the country you purchased it from will repair this. If you are unsure, please contact the distributor in the country where you purchased the RS150b.

Thank you

1 Like

Maybe tx the ocd? I mean this in a positive way.

Hi,

Yes, I was the post from another user about opening the unit which I have done to my $1500 Cambridge Audio Azur Streamer. But this is 5K.

Would it be possible to cut out with a dremel tool to cut the foot to make it smaller so it can fit inside another foot? The dremel has Variable Speed, Engraver, Polisher, Sander, and Accessories for Cutting, Sanding, etc.

I just want the diameter 1/2 the size

THANKS

Have you tried the Iso-acoustics on the 150? In my experience, DAC’s, at least the one’s I owned react differently to audiophile feet. Tried some on my Lindemann Musicbook DSD and they sucked the life out of the music. That DAC liked to sit on maple I had sitting around. I just noted that my Allnic tube DAC is sitting on a fake leather shelf LOL! Too many audio projects…

@Peabody67
We do not recommend your request.
First, to remove the feet of the RS150b, you must open the RS150 as a whole and remove the entire boards. This may cause problems when connecting the board again.

I use the feet in a simpler way where the ISO Feet sits next to the original feet… I use the Orea Bordeaux which gives the hight.

Hi, Can you please upload a picture of the Orea?

I had the dealer remove the feet on my RS130 before delivery. Yes it’s complicated but not in the hands of a technician. I wouldn’t try it myself however.

I used isoacoustics under my Spatial X3’s to good result. How do you feel about the same under the Rose?

There is a difference but not a drastic improvement