Jan 18th (Thurs) RS130 RoseOS Update_4.15.19

Hello, this is HiFi Rose.

We would like to inform you about the schedule and details of the update that will be applied on January 18th (Thursday).

Please check the schedule to ensure a smooth experience.

[System Stability and Improvements]
Update Schedule: January 18, 2024 (Thursday) 03:00 PM (GMT +9)
How to update: Settings → System Information → Click “Update” and then System Update
Update Version: Ver 4.15 (Rose OS 4.15.19)
Update for: RS130

Update Contents:
[Rose Platform - RS130]
1-1. Added a feature to automatically end Tidal’s SSD (internal) caching during idle mode in the integrated playlist.

1-2. Improved the issue where a pop-up occurs due to the detection of duplicate logins for Tidal music automatic SSD (internal) caching in the integrated playlist, even if playback is not initiated on the device.

1-3.If you play Tidal music on another device (such as a mobile phone), entering RS130 into standby mode and then using it will confirm the improvement effect of this issue.

2.Fixed the issue where Rose Queue restart pop-up occurs during music and video playback.

3.Fixed issues related to Qobuz playlist sync.

4.Other usability improvements and stabilization.

I just updated to 4.15.19 on my RS130 and all went well. I noticed a few nagging “bugs” go away and I haven’t stumbled upon any new issues. I’ve been listening to music for about 20 minutes and so far so good.

1 Like

Can You describe the nagging “bugs”

I use the RS130 into a Bricasti DAC, and the issues are mostly with Qobuz.
I have used Roon, Innuos Sense app, Qobuz app and Spotify app.

The most nagging bug got worse with 4.15.19:
When I select “Add a music to end of queue” under music playback options, if I press the next song icon (looks like an arrow with a vertical line in front, very common icon) on the Now Playing page it plays only a 30-second sample of that song. Also, that song then became a 30-second song each time it was selected from Listen Now, it never plays the entire song.
This bug does not happen when I select “Add a music after current playback music”
…Before 4.15.19 I could play the entire 30-second song by putting that 30-second song in the queue and letting the song before it complete playing, so when the 30-second song was Now Playing it would play the entire song.
…After 4.15.19 that trick does not work, so the entire “Roxy Perry Back in Bluesville” album is all 30-second songs so I can no longer listen to that album. Sad emoji for sure.

My clock is not the correct time. I have tried selecting auto set date and time, also turning off auto set and manually setting…in that case it shows the correct time but later changes (I’m not sure when it changes, perhaps when I turn the unit off and then back on??).

Another minor nagging bug: when I select the artist name that is shown on the Now Playing screen it takes me to a dead link. Selecting the 3 dots and “Go to artist” is the easy work around.

Having said all that I also like the product a lot, all of the softwares I have used have had issues (except for Roon, they did that right).