Lag when adusting volume (wifi)

I have an important delay (seconds) when adjusting the volume from the app when the RS201e is connected to the network via wifi. I do not have this issue if connected via RJ45. No issue with other streamers. Did you identify the problem ?
Thanks

1 Like

Hello

How many seconds does it take to change the volume?
Wi-Fi is often interfered with depending on the surroundings, so the problem you mentioned may occur.
If possible, we recommend using ethernet.

The lag varies, let’s say up to 3 or 4 seconds. the experience is not very pleasant, because of the random response time (like if the communication between the app and the amp was delayed). Of course I advise using Ethernet, but some customers do not want cables.

You figured out what the problem is.
As Rose devices are built on top of a normal operating system (Android 7), such things might happen.
Other streamers use completely proprietary systems, and such things are not happening.
If I remember correctly, it is strongly advised to use a wired network connection.

Thanks for the explanation !
but still… this is supposed to be a high tech, up to date product, my opinion is that it should be fine with wifi.

1 Like

I agree. And that is why we got our community here. As I can see, Rose Audio is taking great care of listening to us, our suggestions, and our complaints.
They will make it work for us.