Low/no Volume on Start

Same here, just purchased a brand new device and need to set pre-out to 2200mV to get even to close to the volume of my recordplayer or CD transport. Seems very unlogical to me.

expected mcuh more from a device that costs over €2600,-!!!

@Affacc

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Please answer a few questions.

1. Does the system version information of your RS250a display 4.7?
    If not, you need to update to the latest version.

2. If you do not use the Pre out level setting function, does this phenomenon not appear?

I will forward the symptom to our software team. We will fix any problems as soon as problem accur.

Thank you

I am happy to say that I have not had this issue occur for at least one month. Thank you for the follow up.

@ROSEHAN

The device itself states; Version 4.7

This is what is stated on the App
App 4.7.01.1
Device 4.6

I need to set the pre-out to a minimum of 2000mV to get about the same level of volume as out of my cd transporter or record player.

If I do not set the pre-out the system sounds most of the time like a tin can. And there is serious lack of volume

@Affacc

One more question.

Does the symptom appear when you come out of standby mode and play music?
Or does it appear when you power on the RS250a?

Thank you

@rosehan

It occurs randomly it seems.

During playback, when chosing a different source, as well.

@Affacc

I have a question regarding the RS250 preout level setting issue.

1. When the symptoms appear, does the sound come out quietly? Or is there no sound at all?
    If there is no sound, turn up the volume of the amp to see if there is really no sound.

2. When adjusting the volume while the symptom is present, does a pop-up message appear indicating that the volume can be adjusted only when the pre-out level setting is released?

Thank you

@rosehan

When the symptoms appear, does the sound come out quietly? Or is there no sound at all?

sound but like from a transistor radio

If there is no sound, turn up the volume of the amp to see if there is really no sound.

See above (and I know how volume knobs work…)

When adjusting the volume while the symptom is present, does a pop-up message appear indicating that the volume can be adjusted only when the pre-out level setting is released?

Yes

FYI
I have done a full factory reset now and it seems to work now. I haven’t tested it via the app yet only via the device. Will see if the bug appears again and keep you informed

I just setup my new RS250A and I have this same problem.

1. Please tell me the model name of Rose device you are using.
    • HiFi Rose RS250A
  2. Please explain the environment in which Rose equipment is used.
    • RCA output to Marantz PM10 Line 1 RCA input
  3. Please let me know if you use software volume.
    • I set the preout level setting to 2200mV after reading this, still very quiet
  4. Does the volume decrease occur simultaneously and equally for all sources (music, rosetube, radio, etc.)?
    • The primary issue seems to be Airplay streaming that I’ve tested so far. I haven’t connected my Roon controller yet though.
  5. Is the volume not adjustable when the problem occurs? (Fixed at a small volume and unable to adjust the volume) or is it a case where the volume is adjusted but the maximum volume is reduced?
    • Volume is not adjustable on the device based on pre-out setting, but I can turn it up on the amp. I have to turn it 2x the volume on the amp required for CD or Phono transport.
  6. Do you set and use a fixed value in the preout level setting?
    • 2200mV

FWIW I also performed a full factory reset this morning and did not observe a difference in behavior.

Hey Martini,

did you get a good answer; I have exactly the same problem !

Gr. Frank

Hello Frank
After the software 4.6.07 update my problem was solved.
If you are not familiar with the process ( my apologies if you are ) open the Rose Connect App/ Settings/Input Output Setting/ click on the gear wheel in the top left hand corner next to “Preamp R”/ Speaker Type Selection and click on the type of speaker which corresponds to yours ( mine was originally set to bookshelf but I switched to Floor Standing Speaker ) and then click “ Apply” in top right corner. The difference was incredible and I’m happy.
I hope this works for you.

1 Like