Came down this morning and found my RS150B switched out of standby with the message,

“RS150B DAC is not connected yet. Please wait a moment. If the DAC issue keep occurs, please try after ‘Reboot’.”

I also noticed that the screen image has shifted to the right slightly - highlighted by red box.

I selected the [Close] but the message kept popping up. Removed power to the unit and reconnected. Seems to have solved the problem.

The RS150B is on the latest software version 4.5.05 (not 4.05.57). Never saw this on the previous software version.

@ROSEHAN

1. What does this error message actually relate to?
  2. Why does the screen shift to the right?

Hello

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We are here to answer your questions.

1. This message is displayed because RS150b does not recognize the built-in DAC. If this message continues to appear even after rebooting, it is a problem that you need to contact the distributor in the country where you purchased the RS150b to replace the audio board.
    eng.hifirose.com/Distributors
  2. The problem appears to be a software problem. Your RS150b says that the latest software version is 4.05.57, but 4.5.05. is the latest version.
    If you go to settings on your RS150b and go to system settings, does the update message appear? If it doesn’t appear, please send us your email address. We will send the update file to your email address.

Thank you

@ROSEHAN Sorry, reference item 2, my mistake I wrote the software version down wrong - was installed on 4.5.05. This all occurred on this latest software version.

Not had the Item 1 message pop up since the initial occurrence.

Hi, I am also getting this message on my 150B which I have in Italy - bought this in the UK and had it shipped to Italy, so I hope this is not an issue where the audio board needs replacement as this would be rather complex?

The unit is brand new, I have just begun to make it function and - unfortunately - this message keeps flashing in despite 2 separate factory reboots.

Another very annoying problem that prevents me from letting the 150B function, let alone enjoying it…

@ROSEHAN could you kindly help?

@alessandro

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

The reason this message continues to appear even after factory reset is because the RS150b’s built-in DAC is not recognized by the RS150b.
Sorry to tell you this, but it looks like your RS150b’s audio board will need to be replaced.

Thanks for your reply, the unit is brand new and it was unboxed just a couple of days ago!

I bought it in the UK but it was shipped to Italy.

Can I get it fixed by the Italian distributor rather than shipping it back to the UK?

This is the second RS150 I buy from Rose, would there be any chance Rose can step in and help me co-ordinate this with the Italian distributor?

Could you please look into this and let me know?

Hello,

Would you check the message or email?

My (second) Rose 150, which i bought in London and then - together with a pair of PMC speakers and an integrated Arcam amp amongst other hi-fi components - had it shipped to Italy had this ‘DAC in not connected yet’ problem and it needed its audio board being replaced, despite the unit being brand new and just unboxed. It was a really unlucky predicament to be in.

I’d like to thank @ROSELOA and @ROSEHAN for the help provided from Korea, Stas at Premium Sound in London and - of course - Polaris Audio, who are Rose’s distributors in Italy. Most importantly, I’d like to thank Mr Walter Percat of Audio Ars in Trieste who kindly and swiftly replaced the faulty audio board.

My Rose sounds great now.

Thank you all for helping me in such exceptionally unlucky circumstances.

1 Like

You’re welcome! I am happy you can now enjoy your Rose RS150B.

Francesco Mascetti

Polaris Audio Srl
HiFi Distribution
Italy

1 Like