Meta Data for Wav's

I’m sure this has come up time and time again. I keep searching for answers but then these threads go off on a tangent. I have been fighting this same issue on so many servers I lost track. WAV Meta.

If I rip a CD direct to the Rose, I get metadata. If I drag a folder into Rose with 1 CD or 20 CD’s, I get nothing. No metadata whatsoever. AND, my CD’s are embedded with Mp3Tag and it all shows fine in their software. I tried rebuilding the DB on the 150B to no avail. This is no metadata on anything. Rose, Android Phone, Android Tablet, Win PC. (CD’s were ripped with EAC and are on my QNAP NAS)

I sold my Sony HAP-Z1es to buy this 150B. It would acquire META from Gracenote. I loved that device because life was easy.

WTF am I doing wrong? Why doesn’t the Rose pull Meta from Gracenote when it sees the new content in the DB? Or, the Rose doesn’t see the content at all except for folder view.

I give up…

1 Like

Same boat. HAP-Z1ES to the RS150b. The Sony wasn’t the easiest to use, but it’s ahead of the Rose IMO. I have so many untitled tracks…I could go back and fix them, but it would take forever and I don’t even see an option to rename the album and individual files. I agree? It needs to refresh the dB with Gracenote info. Hifi Rose, any help here?

1 Like