Modify Meta Info doesn't work

Hi.
I have a plenty albums in WAV format. Rose app doesn’t show properly meta info like Roon.
So I would try to edit Meta Info by Rose app.
When I click Modify icon, I can modify only Album Title nothin more, I can’t modify Artist, Genre or Composer. Why is that?

Hello,

I guess you tapped the 3 dots menu for album.
If you tap the 3 dots under ‘View All’ in your screen, (which is 3 dots for each track)
You will be able to edit other information such as artist.
I’m sorry there’s no way to edit multiple files at once.

So when I have to change Meta Info like Artist I have to change every song in Album ???
It’s weird, when I have 80 albums to change, it will take a whole week …

Hello,

We will improve ROSE OS to make edit easier, but it may take some time, so let me introduce another way.
If you have a lot of files to edit, I would recommend connecting to PC with SMB.

1. Check this post.
    How to download files from PC to RS150/RS201 via network? (SMB 1.0)

2. After following the steps above, you will be able to edit files in ROSE with your PC.
    I recommend the program ‘Mp3tag’ to edit your files, you can edit multiple music files easily.

1 Like

Hi again

It’s not a problem with music files. Please have a look at the attached photos. Rose does not recognize artist, year and other tags in * .wav files and some * .alac files. The MP3Tag and, the one I prefer XRecode, correctly shows the file data. XRecode and MP3Tag are fine. Rose cannot see the meta information in these files and I can’t modify them in Rose Premium.

Clip