MP4 (videos) have stopped playing on RS130

The Videos have stopped playing on my RS130. If I try to play a video from a local server, I get an error message that the RS130 can’t reach the path. If I try to play a video using the added internal SSD, I can play audio but no video on the RS130 or though HDMI. On the internal SSD I get the below screen. Looks like the Rose shell is crashing and leaving the VLC app Orange display.IMG_1567
I’ve tried everything from rebooting to pulling the plug. nothing has worked so far.
MP3’s play just fine and videos from the other choices such as Rosetube play as well.
Update. If I press the orange “right arrow” the video will play normally.
I have now done a full hard reset.VLC Crash

Help!

StandardModel

@StandardModel

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Please check a few things.

1. Does the NAS video path or file name contain special characters?
  2. Are you using VLC? If I use VLC, will the symptoms go away if I turn off VLC?
  3. Does this problem occur in all videos? If it occurs in a specific video, please let us know the video information where the problem occurs. If you can only receive one file, please forward it to the email address below.
    eunseong96@citech.kr

New software appears to have cured the problem.
Thank you.

StandardModel

I spoke (wrote) too soon. I When I play any video with VLC enabled, the Rose app crashes leaving the Orange VLC menu .VLC Crash .

If the VLC is uninstalled some mp4’s play. The audio always continue to play. When the VLC screen shows nothing is displayed on the TV.

It doesn’t matter whether I’m playing from the internal SSD or a remote smb server. Videos will play directly from Rosetube without a problem.
I have no special characters in the file names.
It crashes in all local video files when VLC is activated.
I’ve installed and uninstalled VLC from the Store many times.

StandardModel

I have seen a little more of the VLC error message. It says that it cannot find the files so it has a misdirected pointer when it is attempting to find the mp4 files on the network. This is the error message:

“No media files found, please transfer some files to your device or adjust your preferences.”

This is true both for the internal SSD and the smb remote networks.ROSE Crash

As I mentioned previously, this worked initially and stopped working in the last week or two.

StandardModel

@StandardModel

I have responded to the email you sent.