Multi disc albums - when it will be fixed?

Dear Rose Team - can You answer me when the multi cds albums will be show correct in Rose App?
Please take a look at the photos - every multi cds album cover is show as double or tripple.
Folder names are correct - Disc 1, Disc 2 or CD1, CD2.

SmartSelect_20230924_125806_Rose Hifi

SmartSelect_20230924_125821_Rose Hifi

SmartSelect_20230924_125908_Rose Hifi

SmartSelect_20230924_125943_Rose Hifi

Next question is about album sorting - why HD or DSD albums come first and normal albums (CD quality) albums shows next. Check photos - Jarre’s HD albums are first, normal quality are second.

Regards

Waiting for better times…I solved it like this (example triple album) :

New Conceptions of Jazz Disc 1
New Conceptions of Jazz Disc 2
New Conceptions of Jazz Disc 3

By naming the albums in this way you will have a single cover but the individual albums inside.
I hope it can help.

2 Likes

So, I have Aerosmith - O, Yeah! double CD then it should looks like this:
folder - Aerosmith
in the folder Aerosmith folders: O, Yeah! Disc 1 and O, Yeah! Disc2?

Yeah! Disc 1
Yeah! Disc2
There must be two folders named like this (album title) Obviously, afterwards, you will have to scan (unfortunately and hopefully for a little while longer)

What is probably more important - when I select one album of a double CD, then it should only play one and not 4!
That’s the first streamer which can’t handle basic tasks like that :no_mouth:‍:fog:

I’ve made like this and nothing change. There are showing three albums and no one has cover (earlier before changes cover was visible).

Folder tree:

• Aerosmith
    • Greatest Hits (2023)
      • Greatest Hits (2023) Disc 1
      • Greatest Hits (2023) Disc 2
      • Greatest Hits (2023) Disc 3

Regards

They just need to be three distinct folders. the info (tags) are already implicit, if you have tagged everything correctly
It works for meprova
I see this from the PC connected to the Rose’s (DB) folder

1 Like

In Xrecode everything is tagged OK. Disc 1 as 1, Disc 2 as 2, Disc 3 as 3.

So it should be like this?

• Aerosmith
    • Greatest Hits (2023) Disc 1
    • Greatest Hits (2023) Disc 2
    • Greatest Hits (2023) Disc 3

Where cover as folder.jpg should be? In every folder Greatest Hits?

Regards

Folders and albums must only have the album title. When you tag albums with the PC program, you must tag the album cover on each individual song.
nominal like this:

• Greatest Hits Disc 1
  • Greatest Hits Disc 2
  • Greatest Hits Disc 3
    There must be only three folders Aerosmith must not be there. You only have to put the name of the group in the tag program. As a tag program I use TagScanner it’s excellent
1 Like

OK, I’ve changed and it looks like this:

Is it correct?

The way you have the folders is the correct way!!! Only ROSE is not capable to stick to this layout!!! Why should we all change maybe thousands of CD‘s because ROSE engineers are to stupid to get it right??? But I’ve given up on them - all show and no substance :frowning::frowning::frowning:

1 Like

It’s not a folder structure problem. You only must change tags and put in each record the title name with the disc number.

Can You show Your folders structure?

Screenshot_20231021-004955_Samsung Internet

This is a folder structure example

Screenshot_20231021-005820_Rose Hifi

This is how you see the albums in Rose Connect.

I have other pictures but I cannot post it because I’m a new user.

In the files tags, in album, I wrote “Gigaton (Tour Edition) Disc 1” in the 12 songs of the first disc; and “Gigaton (Tour Edition) Disc 2” in the 11 songs of the second disc.

OK, my folders structure looks like this:

Zrzut ekranu 2023-10-21 093258

When I put this album to XRecode or Tagscaner I should change name album like this?

After name album add Disc 1 and Disc 2? What about number of disc - it should be 1 in case of Greatest Hits Disc 1 and 2 in case of Greatest Hits Disc 2?

Where an album cover like folder.jpg or cover.jpg should be, in each folder Disc 1, Disc 2?

Reagrds

I’ve changed 2 albums and everything is OK. Rose app shows one album cover and inside there are CD1 and CD2. Thanks.

You’re welcome!

In other posts people says that it’s better to put cover.jpg instead of folder.jpg but I can´t test it yet.