Network Library impossible to connect

Hi all, I got my RS150B few days ago, but I’m still fighting with it to connect my Qnap nas.
I use my library on the nas by roon without problems with roon ready function on the ROSE.
I setted smb1 on the Nas and read all suggestions here but No way to read it outside roon.

I tried almost all, by Rose, by iphone, by mac and by ipad.

I’m going from deluded to disappointed…

1 Like

why do you want to import your music in the Rose DB, when you have Roon working?
that does not make any sense.
I have a Synology, but I know QNAP - a bit trickier. But when it works with roon - you can also connect it directly in the Rose Player if this is really wanted.
you must activate SMB Sharing with you Rose Credentials before you try to connect.
Without this, SMB is not proper working.

I did it with the PC App but it will work on the RS150B directly .

Proceed to Music, and on Top, choose Folder.

Then click on “Add network folder” which should be present in your list .
A pop up will show up, and in there, ADD smb://192.168.x.x/name-of-the-musicshare on your NAS.
The IP must be the one from your NAS (which must be static).
enter your valid NAS credentials (username + password).
then your folder will be stored and the connection to your NAS is working permanently.
hope this helps.

Annual Roon subscription is not cheap, and maybe I could not renovate it… does make sense?

I tried but no success, maybe because it asks me for workgroup and I don’t know this info…

Is it mandatory?

Thank you for your support…

Static IP
Due the fact, that your NAS IP is stored in the Rose Player, you need to ensure that this IP does not change.
Workgroup
If you are in Standard Windows Network - this is standard as you probably don’t have a Windows Domain Controller, which proves your credentials.
In Synology, it is configured within the SMB Service. in QNAP, it might be found under Control Panel > Network & File Services > Win/Mac/NFS/WebDAV > Microsoft Networking

Standard value = WORKGROUP

I use Roon since 3 years - best Music Management and Playback Tool.
I don’t use most of the built in features in the Rose Player itself.

Yes, it has an annual fee (I have the lifetime version), but I prefer to get all the additional information, Roon offers, like cross references from artist, discography, extend the local collection with Qobuz or Tidal - and newest feature - have access to my local music when I’m on the road with my mobile (Roon ARC).

Yes you are right about roon … me too use it since 3 years but I did not get lifetime version since beginning ( I was wrong knowing I’m still using it today ) and I’m going on with year subscription.
Solved the static IP and WORKGROUP details but still “Network error” message.
SMB is enabled on ROSE, SMB v1 is enabled on QNAP. ID and PWD for my shared nas location is right ( I can connect with my MAC and create a disk on my desktop without problems )

Boh… :slightly_frowning_face:

Hello,

If you’ve tried to access the NAS with Rose device, would you try with Rose APP?