New 150 owner questions

Purchased my 150B on Saturday. Few questions & suggestions.
Suggestions - I did not see a Q&A (btw, the acronym is not “QnA”) section for new owners (if there is one, can you point me to it?). IMO, such a section would be a good idea and big help if Rose could create. It would save the hours I’ve spent trying to looking in this forum for answers to my questions .

Questions

1. Protective film - I removed the film covering the top of the 150. There is also a sticker in the bottom left corner of the display telling me to remove the film, so I assumed there was film covering the display and tried to remove it. I could not, so am wondering if there is a film covering the display. Is there? If so, how to I remove it?

2. XLR out connections - I have Kimber Kable Silver streak XLR cables attached for audio out, but I am not getting any sound. In my hours of reading other posts, I read that XLR Out audio does not work if something is attached to USB out. I have a Rose CD I purchased along with my 150 and a external USB drive with 18,000 song. So is XLR audio out disabled when USB devices are connected, or is there something else I need to do to get sound?

3. ARC & HDMI - do these supply both video and audio, or just video?
    I have a home theater system with a Marantz 8802A A/V preamplifier/processor connected via HDMI cable to a LG OLED TV with eARC. I also have an Oppo 203, connected via one HDMI cable to my 8802 and I get video and audio. I connected the 150 to the 8802A via a HDMI cable, and I get video from the 150 but not audio. So I assume the ARC & HDMI ports are not to send audio out.

Thanks for your help. and I really thing a New Owner’s FAQ section in your forum would be a big help.

• Protective film - I removed the film covering the top of the 150. There is also a sticker in the bottom left corner of the display telling me to remove the film, so I assumed there was film covering the display and tried to remove it. I could not, so am wondering if there is a film covering the display. Is there? If so, how to I remove it?

Yes, there is a film on the display. It’s hard to get off. If you look good you find a spot where you can wedge a nail under it.

• XLR out connections - I have Kimber Kable Silver streak XLR cables attached for audio out, but I am not getting any sound. In my hours of reading other posts, I read that XLR Out audio does not work if something is attached to USB out. I have a Rose CD I purchased along with my 150 and an external USB drive with 18,000 song. So is XLR audio out disabled when USB devices are connected, or is there something else I need to do to get sound?

Is RCA also not working? If so just go to input and hit the cogwheel and activate the analog stage. RCA and XLR are connected… That’s a shame… Would loved if i can put them off separately.

• ARC & HDMI - do these supply both video and audio, or just video?
    I have a home theater system with a Marantz 8802A A/V preamplifier/processor connected via HDMI cable to a LG OLED TV with eARC. I also have an Oppo 203, connected via one HDMI cable to my 8802 and I get video and audio. I connected the 150 to the 8802A via a HDMI cable, and I get video from the 150 but not audio. So I assume the ARC & HDMI ports are not to send audio out.

NO CLUE. :slight_smile: HMDI was just display(video) the other only music signal far is I understand.

But coming here is good. But you tube is kinda full of how to use the RS150 as well.

Have fun with the RS150B! its great product… even though am not to happy with the app yet. But they keep updating it. It will get on a good level soon i hope.
PS: it needs some burning and not just 10 hours… its more like double… owell that was my unit.

Hello,

1. About the protection cover for LCD
→ I understand that the cover is tightly attached to LCD… There are methods such as using nails or using tape. However, it is not necessary to remove the cover. If it is too difficult to remove the cover, you do not need to remove it.

2. XLR out connections
→ You should be able to get sound if XLR cable is connected, regardless of the external USB drive.
Would you check the IN/OUT Settings of your RS150B? Please check which part of the ports are activated.
(RS150B > In/Out Settings > activate XLR/RCA ports on the right)

3. ARC & HDMI
→ RS150B has both HDMI ARC and HDMI port.

HDMI port can output both audio and video if HDMI output is activated in In/Out Settings.
If HDMI port is not activated in In/Out settings but you connected HDMI port to TV, it’s okay. You don’t have to activate HDMI port in In/Out settings just for video. Activate HDMI port in In/Out settings only when you want to output audio with the HDMI cable.

ARC port is for receiving audio signal. In most cases, it is used by connecting to the ARC port of TV. In this case, you need to activate ARC IN port in In/Out settings. You will be able to hear the sound of TV via RS150B.
Unfortunately, eARC is not supported for RS150B. Please connect to ARC port.

Thank you. I am happy with the 150, but would like to make suggestions for Rose to consider

1. Protective cover - I have seen other posts about the difficulty of removing that film. I would like to suggest Rose put the “remove film” sticker below it with a small part extending beyond the display. That way, new owners would be able to pull on that part, without having to dig on the plastic film.

2. XLR - I’ll check my setting again.

3. ARC & HDMI - as far as I can tell, there is nothing in the owners manual that explains my question as to whether the HDMI port on the Rose supplies both video AND audio (and, if it does, do owners need to also connect separate audio cables). So I will repeat my first suggestion that Rose add a “Getting started FAQs” to this excellent web site and include info such as on whether separate audio cables are required if someone has already connected the 150 to an AV preamp via HDMI.

You have a great design. Thank you for making it available for us to own.

@Tom_One - thanks for your help! I’m very happy so far based upon the build quality of the 150. But I’m definitely not IT savvy, so am hoping it will be simple to use the software once it’s running (which hopefully will be soon).

Take care.