New comer issues with rs150b

Hello, I have received my new streamer, and I have some issues.

• I have seen that I can bypass my McIntosh c2500 tube preamplifier. So that I connect directly to my power amplifiers mc601. Which is very nice. Main issue is that when rose goes off automatically (and on)(like sleep?)it emits a very loud beep sound, like it just explode, which seems very bad for my loudspeakers bw800. How to avoid this? I don’t think I have a sleep activated
    • I cannot connect on my rs150 unit or mobile with my login and password, although I connect on this site
    • Through YouTube (paying) I still see advertisement and sound is skipping, even on rose tube
    • Screen is not oled, so not black when comparing to the screen.
    • No remote trigger for the power amplifiers. (Already mentioned)
  1. I have a recent NAS Synology rs220 and I cannot connect to it. When I go to network, I juste see two entries NAS without details and credentials are not working (but my other devices can access it). How to setup this properly?
  2. I cannot access Belgian radios

Otherwise very nice unit and a big gap regarding my previous streamers. Thanks for this nice product.
François

Hello,

1. We will check about No.1 and let you know soon. How is it when you don’t connect RS150B to power amplifier?
  2. The account for ROSE forum and ROSE device is different. Please make a new account in RS150B or RoseConnect APP.
  3. Please check rosetube setup (Rosetube → Setup → Use Youtube Player → OFF)
    Make Youtube Player ‘ON’ only when you have a youtube premium account.
  4. Please check if your SMBv1 is activated in your NAS.
  5. Radio → Touch radio icon on the left side of the screen → Move to Belgium

Referring to #2. I had the same issue when I first got the unit. I can’t log in using the app on the first trial. I have to log in through the unit directly first then go back to the app and log in again to get it to work. Don’t understand why that is the case.

Thanks a lot Roseloa for this quick response.
Regarding 1, I have it when using the xlr output directly to power amplifier. I am not sure I had it with the preamp and coax out, as the volume is managed by the preamp, so sound level is limited. My mono power amplifiers are 600w each, and loudspeaker 1000w. Sound is really high, loudspeaker cache has fallen. Rs150 goes off at this time even if the auto switch off is deactivated, and I was listening to music (without interactions for like one hour). I am scary that it happens a third time.
2. When I try to register directly on the rs150, I got error that mail is already registered
3. I have a YouTube premium account, and I still see advertisements, and have issues. I don’t have those when watching YouTube on other devices
4. Ok I see that smb V1 is deactivated by default as prone to security issues and ransonware, and got warnings from the device. So it is working, but I have to deactivate now it as I have important files on Nas. Do you plan to support v2 ?
5. Indeed radio is ok. I was meaning Rose fm with the tuner where choice is limited to 4 countries, so no Belgium

1. I had the same issue…simplest solution is to turn off AMP first, then turn off RS150

Thanks Blair, this is for the manual switch off. Today a friend was there and he pushed on the off button by mistake and I had the big noise. But I still do not understand why the rs150 switches off automatically, I will have to go through my preamp again. I hope this issue will be solved quickly.

Hi @Lesouth ,

I have noticed the loud crack as well sometimes, but not when manually powering the RS150 off.
In my situation the RS150 is connected via XLR to 2 active loudspeakers, the Buchardt A500, that are configured to shut themselves off after x time without incoming sound.

In reality at lower/ normal volume on the RS150 (like e.g. position 20) they shut off each 30 minutes, even with sound playing on the RS150. Most probably the output signal of the RS150 is then below the shut off threshold, so it is very annoying to have them shut off like that and I am in contact with Buchardt to solve this.

I tried to set manually a higher pre-out voltage on the RS150, but then I cannot change the volume anymore, so that is also no permanent solution.

@ROSELOA Can you suggest maybe other work arounds to keep the music hearable for more than 30 minutes? I know it is not an issue with the RS150 but one can only ask for good advice. Like using the unbalanced connectors instead?

@ROSELOA About the radio station for Belgium, Belgium has 3 official languages: Flemish, French and German. Currently only the French radio stations are in the list. I posted already a message with the request to add the Flemish radio stations. With the German radio stations in Belgium I am not at all familiar.

@Lesouth

#6: do mot use the device but the app instead. Settings → Add/Remove → Network. Use smb:// + IP address of Rose and login to the Syno with your user and password. SMB1 must be enabled on the Syno.

Hello @Dopo ,

About the speaker you have, is your purpose not to make the speaker turned off even when you don’t play music? Or, did you mean that the speaker turns itself off because of the low volume?
If you wanted to set the pre-out level setting on higher value but you couldn’t because you hope to control volume via ROSE, why don’t you set your ROSE volume on 40 or higher?
Maybe I missed something …: Please let me know :slight_smile:

About the Radio, is it this website what you mean? Liste des stations | Radioplayer.be
There are a lot of channels, do you want them all?

Hi @ROSELOA ,

the Platin amplifier in each active speaker turns itself automatically off (rather standby) x minutes after it detects no sound anymore (via XLR or via WiSA). Because of the low volume output of the RS150 via XLR and when listening to a normal sound level (around 20), the amps think there is no sound coming in anymore and go to standby.

The reverse action happens when the amps are standby and a sufficient high sound level is received, then they turn on. So when switching the RS150 on and starting a track with sound level 20, the amps do not automatically activate themselves, as they do not detect the music.

You can read about it here on the Buchardt forum: Continuous problems with A500 sensitivity over XLR - Buchardt Audio

Also it is not possible to change the volume on those amps, as they have no pre-amp part. I tried with putting the RS150s pre-out to 100 mV and noticed the RS150 volume became then fixed on the 38 level, which is too loud but cannot be changed via the RS150 nor the amps.

The only thing I can do for now, is to connect the RS150 to the Platin hub that came with the Buchardt speakers and that uses WiSA to connect with the speakers. I bought the RS150 to replace the Platin hub, as the sound is too ‘muddy’ but better this than needing to switch off and on of both speakers each 30 minutes! :-/

My experiences learned me that putting the volume level briefly on 40 on the RS150 after the amps go in standby is also not always activating the amps again. It seems to depend on the song type that is playing at that moment.

About the Belgian radio stations, I am pretty sure that these are all the ones that exist in Belgium. But now I see the list is not as complete as I thought, as I am missing this one: ZenFM
There are many different lists with radio stations on the internet that you can use as source, like Radio-België and of course there is the list in TuneIn.

Hi @Lesouth,

My setup is ROSE HIFI 150b → C2700 → MC462 → B&W 802D3. All balanced connected.

What I notice is that when I bypass the C2700, the sound is better. It’s as if there is clipping somewhere in the higher mid range.
This is especially on Tidal and Qobuz (although I only got that to work once).
The volume on the C2700 can only be at 6 (%?), while I’ve trimmed the ROSE input down on the MC and I’ve trimmed the TIDAL output down on the ROSE.
Funny enough, when I just play Tidal via airplay to the Rose, the volume is much much lower and the sound becomes better.

Do you have the same experience? The MC inputs seems very sensitive…or the ROSE output is very high.

I’m ordering an oscilloscope to visualize the signals and see if there is any clipping, but maybe you have a similar experience.

Thanks in advance!
Arjan.