New type products

Dear community!

I appreciate ROSE products, they’re well designed and have great performance. I wish you would produce a streamer like RS150, but without DAC! Only digital transport with all visual and practical advantages. Please, think about. We have some customers being interested in this type of streamer.

Best regards,
Piotr Mihilewicz

1 Like

I’m not too fond of the idea. We will have another Cocktail audio with 40 different products, neither done right.

Cocktail Audio has own way to success.

But if you can tell RS150 is done right, what is the problem for RS050? It is nothing to add, only “detach”. I know it is not that simple, but I think you underestimate ROSE guys!

BR,
PM

I do not but as far as I know, Rose already announced a device without amplification.
Rose is not mobile phone company to has 297 different devices.

I got it, you personally aren’t interested in. Please, let ROSE guys to discuss about.

@dcrncec, you think plenty of devices MUST mean worse quality. But IMHO 6 different devices it isn’t so much. I hope you see difference between 6 and 297 oO

No, I do not think that number of devices got anything with quality but it has with support. For example, the main reason why companies do not support devices older than 2 years anymore with software updates is - lack of resources.

When I was buying Rose I noticed that the device itself uses Android 7 kernel. We are talking of 5 years (next month, August 22nd). How tricky is that? Can we finish in trouble because of lack of support, firmware upgrades? I have been in such a situation with Bladelius Embla some years ago. Did they stop support for 10+ K EUR devices with proprietary technology? Yes, they did.

I was considering two devices Rose 150 and Cambridge Audio Edge (4K and 5K EUR).
It finished with Rose 201 (about 2K EUR) and I am super happy with it (it is used as Roon endpoint connected to Nucleus). Will I be happy in a year or so? Probably.

But I can guaranty ONE thing. In the hypothetical case of having 10+ different devices, we will not receive updates on a regular basis.
That is why I dislike companies having a lot of different (complex) products. Digital audio sources are not speakers - fire and forget, but precise instruments that convert digital data into soundwaves.
And Rose is doing that - brilliant.

Danijel

Dear Danijel,
I have to agree with you, ROSE just do great job with support :slight_smile: !

1 Like

Absolutely. Exquisite.

1 Like

Hello Piotr,

i also believe that such a device would complete the Rose product range.
Therefore, a few weeks ago I made the following request to Rose:

„Hello HiFiRose,

i am enthusiastic about your concept and the implementation for a HiFi network streamer.

I am currently using CocktailAudio’s X50Pro streamer. But would like to switch to your brand in the near future, but i have not yet found a device that would 100% meet the requirements of a high-end customer.

Is there a HiFiRose streamer without a DAC section but with a high-quality master clock architecture planned in the near future?

For customers with their own very expensive high-end DACs, this would be the optimal solution. From my point of view, an I2S interface based on HDMI would also be important, this has meanwhile developed into the “standard” and is supported by most high-quality DACs. To complete a high-end concept, an excellent power supply would also be of the utmost importance.

I would be very happy if you could confirm that in the near future you will be able to offer a device with the highest quality components, workmanship and first-class remote control as well as the desired specifications.

I hope to be your customer soon!“

Unfortunately it has not been answered until today :frowning:

Greetings
Philipp

2 Likes

As a former X50 owner and Primare NP5 (outstanding value), I switched to Rose recently and sold X50.
I got nothing against Cocktail, but their devices got nothing in common with hi-end but pricing.
Ease of use, sound quality, and integration with whatever you think of are remarkable with Rose.
For example, I am not using YT at all (I do not need it, and the content is BS, but the music can be outstanding). Now I am using it almost daily.

Hello, I heard about the new RS130, I’m very happy! When will the device be available in Europe?

Thanks

@Philsisch

First of all, I’m sorry for the late reply.
We were away last week to attend a hi-fi audio show in Germany.

Our RS130 sales schedule starts in Korea from June, and will be available in other countries from July.

Thank you

Thanks very much! I can’t wait and hope to be one of the first buyers of the RS130 in the EU.