NO analog output signal on the 150B

I have a few times now. I turn on my RS150B and I hit play. The 150B starts playing without an analog out.
I play via roon. But the same happens if you play via the Rose app.

Also when I skip a song I hear a flick of sound. Not always… but this is all-new after the update.

If I turn it on or off it always works again. But this is something I don’t want in a unit that costs this much. Has anyone had the same issue or a similar issue? If yes did you solve it and how.

Got no answers from Rose in the support channel of this forum so let try it here.

1 Like

I have had the same issue on the 150b.

@mphraze @Tom_one

I have a few questions for you.

1. When a song stops, how long does it take to automatically play?
  2. Does the buffer appear normally on the RS150B screen when the song stops? Does the volume control or touch work in those state?
  3. Rose service has been stopped. How often do pop-ups occur?
  1. 3-4 seconds between songs
  2. I don’t know, I reboot system when this occurs I don’t use the touch screen and only use digital outputs. The app control still works and all is normal after a reboot
  3. I always reboot when errors occur. This seems to happen when using Qobuz and not Tidal or from the internal hard drive, I have both services. It also seems to occur if I hit direct play while a current song is playing. It is not a major concern of mine just a minor annoyance.

Dear,

The analog out put problem is more of my concern, It only happens when I start my RS150B. It starts playing but I don’t get any music. I can see in Roon and the Rose app the song playing. I have restart the unit once or twice to get analog out put/sound

1. When a song stops, how long does it take to automatically play?
    Yes the Noise is in between songs, but only when skip to next track or just skip a track or when I start a track. If is on auto play it doesn’t happen in between tracks.

2. Does the buffer appear normally on the RS150B screen when the song stops? Does the volume control or touch work in those state?
    The buffer is okay(I think) don’t know what to check. Volume is not touched.

3. Rose service has been stopped. How often do pop-ups occur?
    Dont have any problems in Rose service. I play play via Roon

Note: I use balanced output, Anyways I saw on forum some els had problem with volume. Almost the same issue we have. Hope the will attend to this issue ASAP. This will be an issue for people that want buy an RS150B.

Yes, I have the same issue with my 150b. And as you say, I have to restart it and then it’s OK. But as you said, for that price it should always work.

My problem was inadvertently hitting the mute button The mute button isn’t present on my iPhone mini or android tablet. It was only across the bottom of my iPad.

no use, no service, no update, no nothing. So many times I have turned off and on the unit.

I see on many forums now that service is going down from Rose hifi… soon they will lose many potential buyers. I will not promote brands like this in my reviews and forums. Also, I don’t talk about them unless my opinion is asked.

very very disappointing am getting upset

@Tom_one @mphraze @Marc_62

We apologize for the inconvenience and sorry for the late response.
I have sent you a private message.
Please check the message .

Thank you

You’re a liar my friend. Stop wasting people’s time.
Proof:

Do you are someone who has never used the oriduct but had sn opinion. What “blog” do you write for? I bet your talent is for more jacking than the hifi rose team.

Continuing the discussion from NO analog output signal on the 150B:

My Rose 150b, using now for 13 months, has the same recurring problem last 4 months.
It happens nearly always after an update, but now already 4 times after changing my input from AES/EBU (my Cd transport connection) input to Internet Radio input.
Week ago it happens without indicating any cause.
I am using my streamer in fixed pre-out level setting and using the volume control of my headphone amplifier.
To tackle this problem, I have to fix my pre-output level again.
I hope the Rose team can make a fix for this irritating problem.
To end my comment with something different : the sound of this device is outstanding!
Thank you

I must say, it only happened once last 2 weeks. But still 1x too much for this price class. But that one was before I had to check if the output didn’t jump to HMDI. It seems there is a bug that when turning or switching from the input it jumps to HDMI. At least that was told me. But after the last time I mentioned it. I didn’t have any problem. I hope it stays this way. I am still not happy with how this product behaves. But it sounds and looks great… maybe that’s why am a bit more forgiving. Normally I would return it.

1 Like

I have never had this problem. Until I updated to the latest software the other day.
Starts playing music with no sound on the analogue out.
Im having to reset the preout level setting every time I power on the unit.
Started with 4.6.06, still exists in 4.6.07

I have to plug and unplug my headphones to bring the 250 back to normal sound level when changing between Coax in and Rose