No gapless playback with an external HD or from Audirvana

@ROSEHAN I bought a month ago a HiFi Rose RS 250. I really like the sound quality, but I have several comments to share regarding music library management and many, too many, differences between the iOS and Android apps. But, for today, I have only one question. Why am I unable to get gapless playback between tracks on an album, like The Dark Side Of The Moon by Pink Floyd, with an external hard drive plugged into my 250’s USB input for music storage. However, when I play the same album with Roon, I have no problem. The gapless playback problem with my external hard drive attached to my RS250 is not limited to this album. How can I solve this problem? Yes, I activated the gapless option in the audio settings of my RS250. Thank you for helping me to solve this problem.

1 Like

@Beajuju

Could you send me a video of the gapless playback problem you have?
please send me the album you’ve mentioned.
eunseong96@citech.kr

Thank you

I and my friend has this problem also. Anyone has no this problem? This happen when continue music run from one track to next track.

@Aaron

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Please check a few things.

1. Do all music sources not support gapless when played through Audirvana? Or is there a specific sound source? If this symptom only appears on a specific sound source, please send me the file.
    eunseong96@citech.kr

Please check these files/tracks, I use RS150 and my friend use RS201.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HhSIm1caZK8DckLLwKtF3LVeQjp4wa54?usp=share_link

@Aaron

Currently, Rose devices do not support the gapless function when playing DSD sound sources. Is it possible that gapless cannot be played on other sound sources besides DSD sound sources?

I think hifi Rose technical team should find out any others type of sound sources has this problem and to solve the problem themself. This product already launched for few years and I’m not the first one to reflect this issue to hifi Rose.

i’ve the same issues with RS250 , to name a few,

when playing back “the dark side of the moon” dsd,

“wish you were here” dsd, track 4 “wish you were here” connet to track 5 "shine on you crazy

diamond (parts VI - IX) "

bryan ferry “boys and girls” dsd also

between track 4 “a waste land” and track 5 “windswept” & between track 8 “stone woman”

and track 9 "boys and girls "should be gapless continuous playback but,…

all the music files are store in the internal ssd

really annoying, even my outdated sony dap can do better than this regards to gapless playback

1 Like