No sound when RS250 is connected to Integrated amp

Hi Support,

May I know why there’s no sound (by controlling volume from integrated amp) when we used RS250 as a source connected to integrated amp?

I’ve a CD player connected to my integrated amp and I’m able to control volume from integrated amp.

However, there’s no sound when we control the volume from the integrated amp when we used RS250 as source.

RS250 (analog out) to Integrated amp (analog in)

What is your volume setting on the RS250? Did you check the settings for the analog output?

Hello,

As Projecetman said, please check volume of RS250 and if analog out is activated in ‘IN/OUT Settings’.

Hi,

I’ve have activated my analog output on RS250 and volume is 0 as I want to control the volume from my pre-amp.

Actually, there’s a pre-out level settings . It works initially but later can’t anymore :thinking:

Hello,

I understand what the situation is.
ROSE supports Pre-out level setting, but please do not do Pre-Out level setting after setting the volume to 0. Volume 0 is treated as MUTE. You can put it anywhere between volume 1 and 99. Only, no ‘zero’,

Best Regards,

Hmm, so should I set max volume on RS250 and then control volume from pre-amp?

Any difference if I use pre-out level settings?

Hello,

It doesn’t matter if the volume is on 1 or 99 if you use pre-out level settings. Just not on ‘zero’ because it’s MUTE.

Hi Support,

May I know what’s the pre-out level value to use if I use RS250 as pre-amp and connect to my power amp but I don’t have the power amp input sensitivity value?

Hello,

There is no value designated by HiFiRose. The pre-out level setting is basically the same as the volume.
Personally, I recommend setting the preout level of ROSE higher and lowering the volume on the amplifier as long as there is no clipping or noise.

Hi support,
My integrated amplifier has an input sensitivity of 330 milivolts. What’s the value I should use on the pre-out level setting ? I’m using RS250 (analog out) to Integrated amp (analog in).

Thank you so much in advance.

@Isra

When setting the value in Pre-out level settings, it is recommended to set the input sensitivity of the preamp slightly higher than the indicated value.
If the input sensitivity of your integrated amplifier is 330mV, set it to 500mV. Y
ou can use it by setting it to 500mv or more, but you can use it by setting it to a value that does not cause clipping.

Thank you

Thank you so much for your support.