Ongoing problems with Airplay and RS520

When EA 5,6 came out I mentioned my problem getting the video from my RS520 to my LG TV.
The message I got and still get is that connection is not possible because the pin- or access code is not correct.
I then asked for a way to erase or reset this code that is apparently present in the RS520, but never got an answer.
So again, where can this code be erased or reset?
It is not a new problem. It was also there in the official version. I was hoping that 5.6 would fix this, but didn’t.
Other devices connect with the RS520. It is just the problem with the TV.
What I do is go in settings to bluetooth. I see the TV in the bluetooth devices. When I touch the TV name I get the message that pin- or access code are no good. I have reset the RS520 and the LG TV to factory settings, but no go.
I just want to see the video from the RS520 on my TV.
And yes, they are on the same WiFi.
Please help.

@Paulus

If you want to watch RS520 video on an LG TV, no special settings are required.

Connect the HDMI port on the RS520 rear and the HDMI port on the LG TV with an HDMI cable.
Also, set the external input on your LG TV to the same number connected to the HDMI port.
Lastly, set the TV ON/OFF button to ON at the top right of the RS520 playback screen.

Not sure if I understand correctly. Streaming video content via Bluetooth to your TV? Have I got that right? If yes, then I think you’ll find it is not possible. Bluetooth does not have the bandwidth to do this.

@eric.p

It is not possible to transmit video from the RS520 to the TV by connecting the RS520 to the TV via Bluetooth. Video transmission is only possible through HDMI.

1 Like

Rosehan, please send me firmware for my rs720 please

@Rosehan and @eric.p
All is working since yesterday.
I got myself a 7,5 meters HDMI cable and it worked straight away.
Also video after switching TV on.
This proves again that we desperately need an extensive user manual.
I was under the impression that Airplay is possible FROM the RS520 but it can only do TO the 520.
I lost a lot of hours experimenting something that was not possible.
Good thing that we have this forum to learn stuff.

Absolutely, when it works it’s a pure joy

Not sure what gave you the impression that the RS520 is anything other than an Airplay receiver. I have looked through the manual and can’t see anything misleading. Then there is the fact (in my mind) that Airplay casting devices are either mobile/portable or computers. The output section of RS520 explains how to use HDMI for video and how to connect to a TV. Seems fair game to me.

I was under the impression that Airplay would be coming FROM the 520, but it can only going TO the 520. Not a Rose fault but merely my small knowledge of the matter.
I am now looking to get a wireless alternative to the 7,5 meter cable.

1 Like