Oppo CD player into Rose 150b? Does this have any merit? Why? How?

I have an Oppo 205 CD player. Is there a reason I would try and run my CD through the 150b? If so how? Why? What is the benefit and how do I do it?

Hello @Jahatl513

1. I wonder if the CD player output you are using has an optical or line-out device.
    If it is correct, you cannot use it as a CD play or CD ripping menu on the main screen on the RS150,
    and activate optical or line-in in the input and output settings.
    You can get the sound source.

2. The RS150 is connected to a USB-connected CD-ROM that is used externally from a PC, so that you can use the CD playback and CD ripping functions on the RS150 main screen.

3. Prepare a USB external CD-ROM drive, connect it to the USB port of RS150, and insert the CD into the connected external CD-ROM to display the CD play menu.
    Click to play the sound source.

For number 3, can you tell if you used the RoseConnect app, if yes, is it an ios app or an Android app?
When the message appears, please tell me the text that shows.

Thank you

The 205 & its baby brother the 203 were multi format players - they can play back CD’s, SACD’s, standard resolution DVD’s, BlueRay & 4K BluRay movies & audio, and even 3D movies (they also support Dolby Vision, HDR 10, and playback of audio files from USB and network sources). Only thing they lacked was streaming aps. Both had built-in Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and RS-232 connections, TosLink optical, coaxial, and two USB 3.0 inputs, as well as HDMI ARC & HDMI audio-only outputs. Your 295 had better DACs. You should try connecting you 205 to the 150. Don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

I have two Oppo players 205 and 105D , you can connect them via digital , coax or line and it will work as direct player , but HiFi Rose doesn’t recognize it as external cd drive for cd ripping and cd player. I have tried different configurations and it doesn’t work.
If anyone knows how to make it work , let me know.

My question is :
What CD transports or CD players are compatible with HiFi Rose for CD ripping ?

any external usb computer cd / dvd player works. I have an asus but other brands are fine too. Obviously it works very well even for reading CDs only.