[OTA] SW Ver 4.5(Rose 4.5.07) Software Release

Rose OS 4.5.07SW Update Notice

- Update date: 2023/03/29 (Wen) PM 17:00 (GMT +9)
- How to update: Settings → System information → Click “Update” and then update the system
- Updated version: Ver 4.5(Rose OS 4.5.07)
- Update for: RS520/RS150(B)/RS250(A)/RS201(A)

[ROSE]

1. Excluded blue background theme from VU meter themes
  • There was a suggestion that one of the VU meter themes with a blue background looks similar to an image of a certain product, so we have decided to exclude that theme.

We will add more diverse VU meter themes in the future.

Thank you.

1 Like

That sucks that was my favourite. Stupid Mcintosh shouldn’t own the rights to the colour blue!! Luxman do it also??

1 Like

Well…i dont know what you did but your latest firmware fucked up my 150B

It says my current version is too old and i need to update. So like all times before i go to system info and push update. It starts spinning and stops immediately.

And know every time “current version is the latest one” keeps popping up.

I think just renaming it from McIntosh style to blue style will be enough.
Just don’t use the word McIntosh
You can’t own just a blue color as a company.
The blue vu also is my favorite

3 Likes

There is no update at all
my time zone is GMT+8

Bonjour quand à moi je n’ai plus aucun Vu mètres qui marchent sur l’écran de mon RS520

That’s just ridicolous.

For me too.
Only the notification occurs, but no update possible.

Ha,
Actual McIntosh owner here (MC462), the green VU style is actually closer to the shade of my amp. The “Mcintosh Style” on the 150b is a darker almost purple blue by comparison.

2 Likes

Same here. I actually use the green meter as a better match for my Mac amp as well.

Why don’t you let users set the RGB color for VU meters so that we can all set it to whatever we like and nobody can complain about it…

10 Likes

Hilarious, … hahaha, Owning the colour Blue , … Says more about McIntosh than Rose Hifi.
Don’t worry guys, you can do far better, and you already do, …

1 Like

If that is the only difference I will skip the update…!

1 Like

I still didn’t get any message for an update.
So still the blue meters

Who suggested ? Was it a formal complaint from the unmentioned manufacture. Is the blue a copyrighted color. If no complaint then why remove. Have you been informed in writing?
Have you removed just by suggestion alone?

Please inform of the terms for removal.

2 Likes

Blue also my favourite- infact a purchase reason also !!
Not Happy at all.

2 Likes

By far the strangest tech company I have interacted with. Hifi Rose professes to be customer centric but rarely responds to technical requests for help. Hifi Rose often attempts to fix one problem via a system update but then breaks other features with no line of sight for additional fixes for what was working fine prior. Hifi Rose professes to welcome feedback and suggestion for updates but rarely, if ever incorporates that feedback. Now Hifi Rose removes a feature (minor for some not so minor for others) which degrade the functionality of the device (since the original software / product introduction) with little to no explanation. I just don’t understand this company, is Hifi Rose merely a hobby for Citec or is Hifi Rose going to refine the customer service experience and fully support in a timely fashion the Hifi Rose portfolio of products.

2 Likes

I installed the latest s/w update and now my RS 250 is an over priced paper weight.
Please help where can I get my beloved RS 250 fixed? Not a happy camper.

Hello Shannon,
Please check the message.

I bought my RS150 because it looks as good as it sounds (for me).
I don’t care if the VU meter works or if it looks, like the device is from another known company.
Will the next removal be the one that looks like NAGRA? (just kidding)
I don’t understand the many complaints about something, that is just a visual add on. The main purpose of the Rose Streamer is not degraded with the lack of looking like McIntosh Audio.