Output setting issue with RS250

Hello! I have had my RS250 for about a month and here is one issue I have noticed:

• when turning the unit off and then back on the next day (so the unit is off for a few hours or a day, but not unplugged), sometimes the “output” settings are changed. I had to manually re-enable the RCA outputs many times. They switch off by themselves, for some reason.

Is there any way to “lock” this setting so that one does not have to manually enable it?

I still have the same problem with my RS250.
I have reported this a few months ago and there were a few updates, but this issue still occurs. The automatic switch of the output happens for no apparent reason. Sometimes a few times a day.

Glad I am not the only one. Yes,. it seems it happens randomly, for no apparent reason.

Hello @Hen3 @Esteban

I have few questions. Please answer to my questions below.

1. Have you put your device in Stand by mode? Or did you turn it off completely?

2. When the device is turned on again, which part is activated in the in-out settings? Is the HDMI part that has been activated?

3. How do you connect your Hi-Fi Rose device and what are your in-out settings?

4. How often does it occur?

Thank you

Hello! I am not sure how standy-by mode works. I simply turn off from the front panel “power” button. I will try and look for the stand by mode option in the manual.

When the device is turned on again, no input is selected. This happened 3 times, but not always. HDMI is not active. I have never used HDMI.

I connect the Rose to my integrated amp via RCA only. I also connect it to the network via ethernet.

The problem happened 3 times in about a month.

Hi,

I turn the device in stand by mode via the app.

The part that is activated unwillingly is always hdmi. HDMI is not being used.

I only use the analog out.
The analog out settings are:
Volume output on: 2000mV
Phase filter: minimum phase fast roll-off
Resampling: original
Everything else in this setting is not being used (headphone snd DSD mode).

It changes how much these switches occurs.
Last week it was approx. 5 times and the week before that twice.

My rs250 never had lost the i/o setting.
I always turn it off completely at night (not stand by) AND I unplug it.
Every day/night.
I never have had these problems.

Kind Regards
Mike

My ex-RS250 doesn’t have this issue either! I just put it to standby mode with no setting change.

Hello Hi-Fi Rose users

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

If the output is changed to HDMI or other output from In/Out Settings, it means that the DAC is not found and set to another output because the power supply is not good.

Please contact the distributor in the country where you purchased the RS250, and it seems that you will need to replace the mainboard.

Thank you